Costco Insurance discountn going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a vmail from ameriprise that my rate is going up due to state adjustment, realigning their chunky behinds etc.

What the amex, I mean does it have to do it Costco ending their relationship with amex?

I wonder how much my rate will do up.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
I received a vmail from ameriprise that my rate is going up due to state adjustment, realigning their chunky behinds etc.

What the amex, I mean does it have to do it Costco ending their relationship with amex?

Time to shop around.

shop around if needed...sometimes its price optimization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_optimization

Price optimization is the use of mathematical analysis by a company to determine how customers will respond to different prices for its products and services through different channels. It is also used to determine the prices that the company determines will best meet its objectives such as maximizing operating profit.

Happens to me every 2 years with the same excuse. I have zero loyalty when it comes to auto insurance, neither should you.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: stockrex

Time to shop around.

This.^^^^^

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Happens to me every 2 years with the same excuse. I have zero loyalty when it comes to auto insurance, neither should you.

Yep. The only reason I have insurance is so I can legally obtain a registration for my vehicle; I don't actually expect the insurance to work when I need it. Have not been impressed by an insurance company enough to not drop them after 1 or 2 years.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Costco is about buying in bulk, so they require you to have at least 5 cars to insure.

When I buy a house, that's probably going to be a legitimate problem for me.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news....but you are in for a shock. There are now no companies that can avoid the "dumb" that michigan offers...one of the few other company that had a solid lower rate was USAA, but even the highest insurance rates in the US have nailed them too.

Trust me- I've shopped around! A buddy showed my just how bad it really is. Example: my 2004 Cavalier insured in Ohio (by quote only) was 200/6 months plpd. Same policy here in MI? 800-1300 bucks! And we wonder why more an more people go uninsured here...

I also wonder if it going away in MI is due to more changes coming next year...

Check out the stats. Auto accidents and fatalities were up sharply this past year meaning the insurance companies are paying more money in claim costs.

Premiums will have to increase to account for the increase in claim costs, insurers are in business to make money.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Never had Costco insurance. What is the connection to AMEX?

Costco specifically has an agreement with AMEX where Costco pays less for using American Express as its only processor of CC swipes.

What I just said ended yesterday. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-things-to-know-about-the-costco-and-amex-breakup-2016-02-11

Yes, what does that have to do with insurance?

No idea, except if AmEx underwrote the policy.

Just received the new bill,
Approx. 25% rate increase, ouch.

Yes, time to shop around.

What you do guys suggest?

I have vehicles, campers, low miles per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back