FYI, At&t Implements data caps today

Status
Not open for further replies.
All at&t internet customers will now have their data caps enforced. If you go over it is $10/50GB. The data caps vary by package speeds.

You can pay $30/month to remove data caps completely.

If you are an at&t customer AND a DirecTV or Uverse TV customer, you get to continue on data cap free.

For the most part (there are some exceptions), AT&T sucks. U-Verse was the absolute worst Internet provider I have ever had--they never were able to live up to anywhere near the posted speeds and the TV service was equally as bad. I switched to Comcast, increased the bandwidth and saved money in the process:

5351079485.png

From a different part of AT&T, we just went for an RFP with the 4 major mobile phone providers and Verizon was the best in every aspect--pricing, invoicing, servicing, and coverage. We had both AT&T (90%) and Verizon (10%) in the company and it now has flipped the other way.

I have at&t gigafiber. no complaints other than price ($70/month).

At&t wireless has always been superior for me, too, as they cover rural areas in the midwest better than other carriers.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

At&t wireless has always been superior for me, too, as they cover rural areas in the midwest better than other carriers.

While highly variable.. I'd have to agree AT&T is at least equal to verizon in my area.

Sprint is ok they upgraded the area except about 55mi SE where I go monthly.. no signal

Tmobile is baaaad.. Might be better now with band 12.. but their map even more spotty than sprint.

Verizon customer service is terrible.. Call 3 times get 3 different answers. made me have a 2800$ phone bill once.. And I specifically called and asked if it was included in my plan.
TWICE with 2 different CSR
(data in Ontario)

I swapped from AT&T to their smaller asset Cricket about a year ago for Cellular plan. 45$ a month for 4G LTE/10GB, no overage charges, no Contracts, and I get the same reception as AT&T. I have traveled from Arizona throughout the south to florida and never lost signal. If it cannot connect to cricket, the top left corner of my phone will say AT&T/T-Mobile/Whoever it can connect to...

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
I swapped from AT&T to their smaller asset Cricket about a year ago for Cellular plan. 45$ a month for 4G LTE/10GB, no overage charges, no Contracts, and I get the same reception as AT&T. I have traveled from Arizona throughout the south to florida and never lost signal. If it cannot connect to cricket, the top left corner of my phone will say AT&T/T-Mobile/Whoever it can connect to...

I would do the same if I didn't get a sweet deal as it is. I have 2 lines and 15 GB of data for $47/month total ($28.50 per phone).

TWC shows how much data I use in "my account." If it's unlimited, why are they tracking it?
50.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
TWC shows how much data I use in "my account." If it's unlimited, why are they tracking it?

It is sort of pointless. I hover between 420-450 gigs/month. Curious what our new Charter overlords will come up with. Truth be told, I cannot wait to get away from Time-Warner. Started out at this address with Charter, got bought out by Cobridge, bought out by Time-Warner, and now Charter completes the circle of life. I detest few companies more than Time-Warner, AT@T being on that short list.

I have had a lot of clients contact me over the last couple months regarding AT@T DSL price hikes and service changes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino

It would let you know if someone is freeloading off your wifi, at least if it gives a good detailed usage log. My IP gives me a log delineated in ten minute intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back