FINISH CARE 218 Paint Sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-218-sealant.html
My truck has not been detailed correctly (to my standards) in so very long! And, since I moved away from FL in 2012, it hasn't been clayed since then either.
eek.gif

My son and 2 of his detail buddies are coming this Sunday to detail my truck for an early FATHERS DAY present. When I was able to detail my truck at one time, this was my twice a year procedure;
Wash with DAWN. Clay bar the paint. Wash with Meguiar's Gold shampoo. Polish with NU-FINISH polish, seal it with LIQUID GLASS, and let the LG dry in the sun for a few hours. That usually was a 3-4 hour process (drying time not included). Later that evening, or night, I would finish the whole process with a quick detail spray using Meguiar's Ultimate Quick detail spray.
I was looking around on the AUTO GEEK website for a good low priced sealant, being I can't afford to pay $25 for LIQUID GLASS. In their CLEARANCE section was a 15 oz. size of FINISH CARE 218 sealant for $4.99, regular price being $12.99. Has anyone here ever heard of it? Use it before? Opinions? Thanks in advance!

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-218-sealant.html

Wow, great price. The brand is very well regarded and it sounds like a very good product. The reviews I read were very good as well. It says to work the product in very well into the paint. It needs to cure for 24 hrs. So after it's buffed off I wouldn't touch it with anything for that time period. Which would include detailers.

I think the price is so low because the market has shifted to coatings and wipe on, walk away products or wowa for short. Nothing wrong with a little eblow grease. If you don't have a buffer then this a very good product. Shipping might be more than the price.

Duragloss has $5 flat fee shipping last time I ordered through them. A nice combo for you would be #601 followed by #501. The first product you don't remove, just apply the second one right over it. Great prices as well.

www.duragloss.com or on autogeek, amazon.

Last edited:
Save a step---mix the DG four parts 501 to one part 601 and apply. Use within a short period of time. Great stuff.

Finish Care 218 is good if the shipping brings it up to the price of Duragloss 501 my choice is Duragloss. Duragloss 501 has good cleaning and a fair amount of sealant Duragloss 105 (what I use) has less cleaner and more sealant. let www.duragloss.com be your guide

The Finish Kare you asked about is an excellent product and especially at that price. So is this...Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Dump the Nufinish...there are much better products available...

Ok, I will dump it, but, will you buy me something else, or, send me another product? This is all I can afford. Unless there is something better at a cheaper price than NU-FINISH.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Ok, I will dump it, but, will you buy me something else, or, send me another product? This is all I can afford. Unless there is something better at a cheaper price than NU-FINISH.
smile.gif

Yes, I will pay for your car care products...
crazy.gif
the difference in price between Nufinish and the good stuff is negligible...

Last edited:

smile.gif

crazy.gif

Ok, you have my attention. Show me some of the good stuff and its prices, please.

smile.gif

crazy.gif

Ok, you have my attention. Show me some of the good stuff and its prices, please.

There are lots of good products within your price range from Collinite, Duraglooss, Zaino, Klasse, ect....do a little research...Google is your friend...

Id keep the NuFinish for a sealer as it is a top notch product and will out last most products as a sealant regardless of price. Yes there are many good products on the market and I have used them all as a pro detailer for over 15 years. NuFinish just simply lasts a long time and has a decent shine for what you pay for it and how easy it is to get.
I wouldn't use it on a show car but for a daily driver that needs pure protection that will hold up for 6 months to a year, there is nothing better. Duragloss would be abother I would recommend for a DD.

Finish Kare stuff is good. I love their detailer. However, I will give another vote for the Duragloss Total Performance Polish. Stuff lasted almost a year on my mom's red GMC.

Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Save a step---mix the DG four parts 501 to one part 601 and apply. Use within a short period of time. Great stuff.

This is what I do, DG 501 mixed with the bonding agent makes a sealant that will rival most in looks and durability. Excellent stuff.....but then again so is Finish Kare.

Originally Posted By: wn1998
If you are looking for a fantastic one step product (polish and wax) pick up some HD Speed. You will get excellent results by hand!

http://www.3dproducts.com/detailing-chemicals/hd-speed-all-in-one-polish-wax/

That's great to know. Thanks.
But, when I used to detail my truck I would Dawn wash, clay, Meguiar's Gold wash, NU-FINISH polish, Liquid Glass sealant, then quick detail spray after LG 3-4 hours dry time. This was twice a year.
I wanted to try a new sealant because LG cost way too much!

Times have changed, I would do the following and you'll love the results.

1. Wash the car
2. Clay
3. Apply HD speed by Orbital or hand
4. That's it

OP says he can't afford $25 product. I have a feeling that with the shipping, whatever you are suggesting is not going to come under that number.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
OP says he can't afford $25 product. I have a feeling that with the shipping, whatever you are suggesting is not going to come under that number.

Vikas, not to be sarcastic or ugly, but, it only cost me $10.75 with shipping. ($4.99 + $5.76 shipping = $10.75) Not too bad. .75 over my budget.
34.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Kmart usually has sealants on sale. Ivebought Turtle wax paint sealant for 5$ a few diff occasions. If not Meguiars sealant ive bought for 4$ also. I still use NF, lasts longer than collinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back