Aeroshell 22 v Mobil 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you all using? We have Aeroshell 22 and Mobil 28 on hand as both are named by the OEM as suitable for specifications ЦИАТИМ-201 and СТ (НК 50). I'm trying to simplify and keep just one on hand. Right now I'm leaning towards the Aeroshell 22 for our go-to as we see Mobil 28 bleeding out in the heat.

So far we haven't replaced any components due to wear with either grease. We'll call the application general-use. I know both greases meet MIL-PRF-81322G, but I am limited by the OEM to just the two brands/choices.

Thanks all!

I'm a Mobil 28 fan. Not because I know it's somehow better, but because of decades of positive results in general use. The 28 stays fluid in cold temperatures and does not "cake" up zerk fittings and bushings.

However, I don't lubricate landing gear with 28 as the red-mess will stain the paint and it looks awful. So I use the Shell products instead.

Short of wheel bearings, where SHC100 is a better choice than 28, I'm not convinced that there are any wear related differences between any of the greases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back