Schaeffers Oil 9000 Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised to see so little talk about Schaeffers oil. Many other forums and users seem to prefer it slightly over the highly regarded Amsoil Signature Series lineup. Even their transmission fluids and greases seem to be top notch.

Schaeffers is easily available online and through Amazon.

With my countless amount of reasearch and testimonies from people... Once my current stash of fluid and filters is depleted, I believe I have settled in on using Schaeffers lubricants and Fram Ultra filters.

With the ease of online purchasing and arriving at my front porch and no longer will need to keep renuing my Amsoil membership.

Good stuff but kind of an inconvenience to buy and a little pricy when there are soooo many sales and rebates throughout the year

Here is a recent UOA with Schaeffers 9000 5w40 in my 98 with just shy of 18k miles. Notice the low wear metals and TBN at nearly 7 still, I could run it further but I don't like running oil much further than one year so it gets changed annually. My reports consistently come back excellent so I may try to get past that phobia and extend the next interval beyond a year by a few months. I also use 9000 5w40 in the wife's TDI @ 15k mile intervals. Even though my Dodge is modified and frequently used to haul heavy-ish loads the TDI seems to be harder on oil. I believe much of this is due to the EGR in the TDI as the fuel systems are nearly identical.

http://schaeffer.rmrdevelopment.com/reports-printreport.asp?batchno=25776&sampno=626399

You could contact salesrep, a bitog member here, who is a schaeffers representative and see what he can do for you.

There is no visibility of this oil in New England and probably other parts of the country; could be a 'regionally popular' oil.

If their 5w-30 was C3 diesel rated and available in my area at a price I could buy it, I would try it out for sure.
I can try the 0w-20 but its non existent here.
Shipping from Amazon.com to Canada is killer for engine oil.

All I use is Schaeffer. I use it commercially and get some additional stuff for my personal vehicles, mowers, etc. I like it. At the pricing I get it for, equally competitive with any major brand on the shelf. And it gets delivered to my house for free. Obviously, any order for me qualifies for free shipping as the minimum order to get that is $375. I have them throw in a case or two of oil for my personal stuff along with my commercial order. Some very stellar products.

It is not a regionally popular oil. It is world wide. The reason many don't see it or have even heard of it is that they primarily cater to commercial fleet, construction, agriculture, etc users, along with the niche auto/pickup market. Occasionally one can find their stuff on a shelf at a auto repair shop or parts store.

Any rep for Schaeffer can get an order for you. Go onto the Schaeffer site and check for a rep. Salesrep here is a good rep and can get you anything you want. The sales reps at Schaeffer are top notch guys. My rep lives about 21 miles from me. A multi red jacket rep that is a great guy and will bend over backwards to meet a customer needs. Most of the reps at Schaeffer are equal caliber.

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
Surprised to see so little talk about Schaeffers oil. Many other forums and users seem to prefer it slightly over the highly regarded Amsoil Signature Series lineup. Even their transmission fluids and greases seem to be top notch.

With my countless amount of reasearch and testimonies from people... Once my current stash of fluid and filters is depleted, I believe I have settled in on using Schaeffers lubricants and Fram Ultra filters.

With the ease of online purchasing and arriving at my front porch and no longer will need to keep renuing my Amsoil membership.

I don't understand why anyone uses Shaeffers or Amsoil products, as neither seems to produce a true full synthetic, so they are in direct competition with cheaper good oils like M1 and Castrol Edge. In techinal terms they are behind Shell Ultra which has a GTL base stock that performs just as well as a German Synthoil.
In the EU Shell Ultra is cheaper than Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge and both Shaeffers and Amsoil are too expensive to even consider.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK

I don't understand why anyone uses Shaeffers or Amsoil products, as neither seems to produce a true full synthetic, so they are in direct competition with cheaper good oils like M1 and Castrol Edge. In techinal terms they are behind Shell Ultra which has a GTL base stock that performs just as well as a German Synthoil.
In the EU Shell Ultra is cheaper than Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge and both Shaeffers and Amsoil are too expensive to even consider.

You are clearly confused. Show me a Shell Ultra or A German synthoil that is CJ4 compliant. You are comparing apples to oranges, not to mention I have no doubt you are looking at the full retail price and not the price that is available through a sales rep.

Quality oils don't always make sense dollar for dollar when directly compared to off the shelf oils for the individual consumer. This is the reason Schaeffers doesn't cater to the general public, they cater to fleet equipment wether it is OTR, construction or Ag. Every single rep will gladly work with you to get on an extend service program.

Even individual consumers looking to get on an extended service interval will reap the benefits. Just look at my above UOA, which is 2.5 times the factory service interval. Basic math is pretty simple.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jrmason
Quality oils don't always make sense dollar for dollar when directly compared to off the shelf oils for the individual consumer. This is the reason Schaeffers doesn't cater to the general public, they cater to fleet equipment wether it is OTR, construction or Ag. Every single rep will gladly work with you to get on an extend service program.

Even individual consumers looking to get on an extended service interval will reap the benefits. Just look at my above UOA, which is 2.5 times the factory service interval. Basic math is pretty simple.

Your session has expired.
You must close this window login to continue.

Basically, I have Amazon prime. So free 2 day shipping.

Quick, convenient and good products at a fair price for quality.

No need to fight crowds or traffic, wait in line at a store.

In a matter of a couple of clicks of the mouse I can have my Fram Ultra and Schaeffers in 2 days on my front porch. Certainly not cheap, but quality costs $$$.

Also I can forgo my Amsoil membership.

Amazon membership I need regardless with all the stuff I buy online and the other benefits it provides.

I also like how many people have commented that Schaeffers has dropped oil temps, quieted and engine and provided noticeable smoother performance.

thumbsup2.gif
I'm placing an order tonight for some Schaeffers oil for the mustang.
cheers3.gif

I have been using it for 20 years...! I like all the products. I love that fact...NOW This is the best part of working with them .....You call and a REAL PERSON ANSWERS ..Honest.. and you can get questions answered quickly by technical in minutes.

I use their grease and am 100% satisfied with it. IMHO the 238 is possibly the best high moly content grease on the market.
I am also interested in some of their other products.

Well, Schaeffer pricing is pretty competitive, especially for the commercial buyer like I am. Easily competitive with many of the name brand synthetics on a store shelf, and something that none of them do... deliver to my house for free like Schaeffer does and include free oil sample kits and analysis including free postage. Add all that up, and Schaeffer is a very good value to me.

Been using Schaeffer’s for a long time here. Started out as they sponsored one of my cars. Or should I say one of the local reps did. By the way...Schaeffer has always been a big time sponsor of dirt track racing etc. Baja whathaveyou.
Through all the Royal Purple, Amsoil, Mobil1, RedLine years/mania we stuck with Schaeffer. Without a doubt our motors kept tolerances and performed better than our competition. Schaeffer’s gear oil is second to none. Run their 7000 series in my street cars. Some have over 200K on them and run like a top.
Only oil we even consider these days besides Shaeffers is Kendall.
Excellent results from both.

Originally Posted By: jrmason

You are clearly confused. Show me a Shell Ultra or A German synthoil that is CJ4 compliant. You are comparing apples to oranges, not to mention I have no doubt you are looking at the full retail price and not the price that is available through a sales rep.

CJ4 seems to be a step back in spec terms as it has a specific warning included.

http://www.oilspecifications.org/api_eolcs.php

Interesting part:
However, use of these oils with greater than 15ppm sulfur fuel may impact exhaust after treatment system durability and/or oil drain intervals

Not sure if it is as bad as Acea C3, but I tested a C3 in my TDI and it doubled the UOA wear metals. Acea A3/B4 is still the best spec if you don't have to suffer the complications of an early model DPF.

Oil prices vary a lot from place to place and when I'm in the US I just look for the best HC synthetic on special offer at Wallymart. In the EU the Fleabay dealers are cheaper and Shell Ultra is much cheaper than M1 or Edge. My favourite oil combo is Liqui Moly Synthoil high Tech 5w40 with half a can of Ceratec, but I've given up using that oil as it's too expensive and my UOA results were only a fraction better than Ultra.

Last edited:
CJ4 seems to be a step back in spec terms as it has a specific warning included.

That never really panned out in operation. It's even less of an issue since ULSD is ubiquitous in most countries where CJ-4 is specified.

Surprised to see so little talk about Schaeffer oil. Many other forums and users seem to prefer it slightly over the highly regarded Amsoil Signature Series lineup. Even their transmission fluids and greases seem to be top notch.

Schaeffer's is easily available online and through Amazon.

With my countless amount of research and testimonies from people... Once my current stash of fluid and filters is depleted, I believe I have settled in on using Schaeffer's lubricants and Fram Ultra filters.

With the ease of online purchasing and arriving at my front porch and no longer will need to keep renewing my Amsoil membership.

I've been mulling the same thing as my stash of Amsoil slowly gets depleted. Schaeffer is good stuff.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
Well, Schaeffer pricing is pretty competitive, especially for the commercial buyer like I am. Easily competitive with many of the name brand synthetics on a store shelf, and something that none of them do... deliver to my house for free like Schaeffer does and include free oil sample kits and analysis including free postage. Add all that up, and Schaeffer is a very good value to me.

So free shipping over $375, as well as free oil analysis and postage on the UOA as well? Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back