Rock Auto Ultra Power Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some Ultra Power filters on Rock Auto using the WIX and CQ Blue part numbers and on the off chance they were actual WIX or CQ Blues, I nabbed a few of them. The CQ Blue numbers were indeed CQ Blues made by ClarCor in the US in February 2015, but the WIX numbers turned out to be Sure Filters made in Indonesia. They have nitrile ABDVs, but surprisingly they also have wire-backed media (the CQ Blues have silicon ADBVs and wire backed media). They were $4.00 each so not a big deal, but I was wondering if anyone has seen or used these before?

HFrjcR.jpg

Kp7LsS.jpg

VWg7m4.jpg

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
I think Ultra Power is just Rock Auto's own name for random stuff.
Yes; I agree. It is their house brand that can be slapped on others products. I probably will not use the Sure Filters, but was curious if anyone had.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
You plan to cut it open ??
I sent a mail to Sure Filter to see if they will tell me the efficiency ratings and if the media is microglass or cellulose and decide from there.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
I think Ultra Power is just Rock Auto's own name for random stuff.
Yes; I agree. It is their house brand that can be slapped on others products.

Based on your experience and looking for info on RA Ultra Power filters in the past, I also agree. I does seem 'at the moment' that RA UP filters showing previous CQ filters in RA pics are turning out that way. But imo, that could change at any time because of being under the name UP.

As for obtaining a reliable ISO efficiency spec on the Sure Filter, based on coo combined with name I'd say good luck with that. Doesn't mean 'I' wouldn't use them, but could understand others not wanting to.

Lesson here, ordering RA UP filters could/might mean obtaining some unknown filter despite pics.

Thanks for pics and info.

Order at your own risk.

If you don't mind running just any filter out there, buy a dozen.

For me, I'm not spending any money on an oil filter grab bag from Rock Auto.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
For me, I'm not spending any money on an oil filter grab bag from Rock Auto.

It's a miracle ... we agree on something.
grin.gif

Order at your own risk. If you don't mind running just any filter out there, buy a dozen. For me, I'm not spending any money on an oil filter grab bag from Rock Auto.
My latest grab bag came in today--CarQuest Blues made by ClarCor. If you are willing to look into the numbering system and ask questions, the risk is minimal. These 7 filters were $34.55 delivered to the door. IMHO, at less than $5.00 each, they are a tremendous bargain considering I cannot buy two comparable filters for that price.

8ePJsc.jpg

Order at your own risk. If you don't mind running just any filter out there, buy a dozen. For me, I'm not spending any money on an oil filter grab bag from Rock Auto.
My latest grab bag came in today--CarQuest Blues made by ClarCor. If you are willing to look into the numbering system and ask questions, the risk is minimal. These 7 filters were $34.55 delivered to the door. IMHO, at less than $5.00 each, they are a tremendous bargain considering I cannot buy two comparable filters for that price.

Were these sold under the "Ultra Power" label or the Wix label?

I bought some some of the UP filter from RA also and they were half CQ blues and reds. I can't complain since they were $1.42 each with shipping included.

Originally Posted By: sw99
I bought some some of the UP filter from RA also and they were half CQ blues and reds. I can't complain since they were $1.42 each with shipping included.

Did the part number that you order....start with "R"?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Were these sold under the "Ultra Power" label or the Wix label?
WIX 84151

8ePJsc.jpg

Rock Auto closeout filters are like gambling-you won, I lost. Still have 4 Affinia CQ Blues that were supposed to fit a 7.3 Powerstroke, that are actually for a Cat diesel (3208?).

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

8ePJsc.jpg

Rock Auto closeout filters are like gambling-you won, I lost. Still have 4 Affinia CQ Blues that were supposed to fit a 7.3 Powerstroke, that are actually for a Cat diesel (3208?).
Yes, I understand it can be somewhat of a gamble, I essentially lost on the Sure Filters (but Robo339 can use them so he won), but I am far ahead with the stockpile of Affinia and ClarCor CQ Blues I now have. I typically call RA and buy one or two to ensure they are what they show online (burned myself on the UP filters by not calling first).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back