Ford Fusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any input on the '13-'14 Fusion with the 1.6 ecoboost? or the cars in general?

the girlfriend is looking and just wondering, her 2010 was a POS!

Not a Ford guy so I have no idea,,Thoughts???

My brother travels a lot and likes them. Normally he would only ask for a Camry. So for him to praise another car is pretty good. I did notice a bit of soot by the muffler. I checked the oil level and it was on the low mark. I like the design.

The Focus automatic is a nightmare so don't fall into that trap at the last moment of car shopping. The trans on the Fusion seems to be fine and you should be able to get a good deal on one.

Im trying to steer her to a Malibu the ecoboom im not impressed by, pricy if it goes down. And other complaints from the link above.

The new Malibu now comes with a 1.5 liter turbo. Since the new design just came out it will likely be more expensive to buy.

Why not look @ the 2.5L?

A woman @ work was an early adopter of the 1.6 EB. There was a serious (engine fire?) recall enough so ford flatbedded it to the dealer where it sat for more than a month while ford designed a fix

Seems like a nice car inside; quiet, good getupandgo

Frankly, too much new untested tech for me to do the long term testing at my expense.

If she keeps cars 4-6 years, might be a good car; if she (you) runs them 12 or more, I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
I have a 2011 Fusion SEL with a 2.5. Not ever needed to be in the shop for anything. 69,000 miles.

Great car and I really like it. 27-28 mixed MPG and 32 -35 HWY.

Originally Posted By: callbay
I have a 2011 Fusion SEL with a 2.5. Not ever needed to be in the shop for anything. 69,000 miles.

Great car and I really like it. 27-28 mixed MPG and 32 -35 HWY.

Did you have the steering rack recall fixed? hers has the same issues but the '10's are not covered.
mad.gif

I'm waiting for the 2017 Sport to come out to see if it's any fun.

BTW, i recently rode in a friend's new Edge. I was quite impressed with the interior quality and overall ride. I think it was the 2.0 turbo.

Only really bad things I heard about the 1.6 is it does not live up to its mpg numbers. Really, what engine does?
wink.gif

It is transplant from Germany. In Europe it is called Ford Mondeo. I am not sure what changes are made for the U.S. market, but engines is same (engine is developed by FORD Germany).
If you go with it, I would use Euro spec. oils (those that meet ACEA A3/B B4) like Castrol 0W30, or Mobil1 0W40.
At least use Full Synthetic 5W30 (but for the same price you can get M1 0W40 in Wal Mart).
All manufacturers are moving to turbo engines, and forget regular oils in them if you want long life of engine.

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Only really bad things I heard about the 1.6 is it does not live up to its mpg numbers. Really, what engine does?
wink.gif

My BMW actually does much better then what EPA says (21/26) I regularly do in the city 22, and on HWY sometimes I can see 31mpg
smile.gif
Average last 20K since I own it is 25.2mpg. And I drive it like I stole it.

I was recently looking at 2014-2016 Fusions but decided on getting a C-MAX instead.

With the Fusions, you have to remove the lower splash guard and front bumper just to replace a headlight bulb. I figure that if it is that difficult to replace a simple bulb, I don't want to know how hard it would be to do other routine maintenance tasks.

https://youtu.be/yMxBBdMeNho?t=10s

Accord and Camry offer better MPG with relativity low tech larger motors in real world driving compared to Ford's "economy" more complex turbo engine.

We have one a accord and fusion in company fleet. The accord bests the ford mpg by about 5 mpg in mixed conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back