Best engine oil for Cadillac ATS-V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they could use something dexos2, I suppose, but probably something closer to M1 0w-40 or a dedicated racing oil.
wink.gif

ATS-V owners manual only specifics dexos1 5W30. Unlike Corvette and Camaro, there is no specific recommendation for track or competitive driving.

What does DTM have to do with this? Cadillac does't race DTM... they're not German.

I'd love to see what kind of OCI would be suggested by the OLM with track use mixed in
happy2.gif

Napa Synthetic 5w30 should be more than adequate for any kind of driving you'll actually do with your ATS-V. Plus, it's only $2.99/qt this month.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
ATS-V owners manual only specifics dexos1 5W30. Unlike Corvette and Camaro, there is no specific recommendation for track or competitive driving.

What does DTM have to do with this? Cadillac does't race DTM... they're not German.

There should be a similar recommendation, given TWO turbos worth of heat inducing boost, and the probable fuel enrichment under high boost/load use.
wink.gif

Maybe he was referencing the DTM because the ATS-V is the closest thing to the Teutonic marques running that series that we make in this country, by a domestic nameplate?
21.gif

Even though they do not use/allow for forced induction in that series, unless the rules changed and now they DO, and I did not see that??

GM offers a 160,000 km power train warranty on that car using their 5w30 dexos.
Typically in Canada, we might see an ATS-V stuck in traffic, in one of perhaps 8 cities over 1M.

Five years on a country mountain road, except during snow storms, might be enough time to break things a few times over.

And why keep the car on the pavement if there is a shorter route by logging road?

I was serious about the studded tires, but not the body lift.

My 04 C240 Benz made a great back woods car, and had powder burns on the sunroof to prove it. The ATS-V would add excitement to the trip.

The DTM reference? Well, in track form they kinda look like one, and might actually beat one.

Near as I could tell, the factory boost is 18 lbs. I'm sure by now there must be exhaust kits and so on, if it's possible to put more than factory power to the ground.

My thinking for an engine oil is a high density XW-3.7 HTHS.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Dexos 5W30 couldn't be the recommended oil for track use, it's not exotic enough.
What do the DTM teams use?

Use something like M1 0W40 or Castrol 0W40.

Someone in the know mentioned 0w40 M1, last year's blend, the DTM, Benz team I think it was.

But, I like to plug the site sponsors whenever possible, or you wouldn't be reading this.

Lubrizol's DNA is in most of my vehicles, but they don't list their client's, I'll leave it there.

For all seasons; T6 0w40 CJ-4/SN, go ahead and call that crazy, but I've UOA'd 0w40 HDEOs in gasoline engines and know how they hold up.

For 3-season Canadian; I'd have a real hankerin' to try Delo 15W30 CJ-4.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Five years on a country mountain road, except during snow storms, might be enough time to break things a few times over.

And why keep the car on the pavement if there is a shorter route by logging road?

I was serious about the studded tires, but not the body lift.

Get a Focus RS, unless you have something against the Blue Oval?
21.gif

A GTR will probably NOT have the suspension travel necessary for most dirt/logging roads (at least the ones I've been on when working/marshalling during U.S. Pro Rallies).

Unless the ones you're referring to are billiard table top smooth and even??
21.gif

search your loc + found a unique beer, so your from canada? that said Redline Ester oils will protect your baby best!!!

Eh? LaFinDuMonde, not all one word, translates to The end of the World. 9% alc/vol
Another Unibroue ale is Maudite 8%, the translation would be censored on this darned board.

I need a bucket list car, my brother has a tricked out WRX, all my friends have Porsches and I've already had a MB.

Someone tell Mary Barra to build a twin-turbo ATS-V, I'll 2nd mortgage my house and buy it.

One of those trick GTL engine oils might be the ticket.
I'm not gaga about PAO, and I can make my own Redline by adding JTO to Walmart 10W30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back