Tool box organization - Torx drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm continuing with my toolbox reorganization and cleanup. Based on everyone's input I've relegated most of my nut drivers to "not in the toolbox" status. I've kept common hose clamp sizes but the rest are gone. I will rely on my 1/4" sockets. Thinking of doing something similar with my Torx drivers since I can't really remember the last time I used them (except on appliances). Once again looking for the collective wisdom and experience of the group. As a side note, I still would have 3/8" Torx sockets in the box (for now). My box is in my garage and is primarily meant for automotive work and "outside" work. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

First of all, how much room do you have?

I can't really speak about the nut drivers and torx drivers. Working on European cars make the torx a necessity and I find myself using the nut drivers quite often too. The torx and nut drivers stay out of the screwdriver drawer though.
___

Not to hijack, but where are you storing your surplus of tools?

I inherited my grandfather's toolbox about 10 years ago (similar to this, but cut that longer top drawer in half like the rest) and it came with a lot of standard sockets and box end wrenches. Various COO's: US, India, Japan, China etc. I have all the excess wrenches in a drawer and the sockets in a large coffee can. I also have a smaller Craftsman upper she bought me a few years ago for my birthday that has all the ratchets, extensions, sockets and electronics.

I am running out of room.

I put mine in a wall hanger not in the box. Other stuff hanging on the wall are SAE and Whitworth wrenches, large pump pliers, welding vice grips, oil filter wrenches and cups, pipe wrenches, beater screwdrivers and a few other things.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
First of all, how much room do you have?

I can't really speak about the nut drivers and torx drivers. Working on European cars make the torx a necessity and I find myself using the nut drivers quite often too. The torx and nut drivers stay out of the screwdriver drawer though.
___

Not to hijack, but where are you storing your surplus of tools?

I inherited my grandfather's toolbox about 10 years ago (similar to this, but cut that longer top drawer in half like the rest) and it came with a lot of standard sockets and box end wrenches. Various COO's: US, India, Japan, China etc. I have all the excess wrenches in a drawer and the sockets in a large coffee can. I also have a smaller Craftsman upper she bought me a few years ago for my birthday that has all the ratchets, extensions, sockets and electronics.

I am running out of room.

Tools moving out of the box will probably go to pegboard either in garage or basement - depends on where I think I will need them - inside or outside of the house.

Yah I learned about using 1/4 sockets because I can add U-joints and extensions to get to clamps installed by some oaf who isn't going to ever remove the darned thing.
grin2.gif

Ok - torx are out. If I run in to a situation where I need one it will earn its way back in to the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back