How are pay raises given at your employer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year when the boss gives pay raises to employees. It's been between 3-5% every year to each person. Everyone gets the same increase to avoid any bickering as to why Sally got a half % more than Tom (and someone goes Postal, LOL just kidding). This year everyone gets 4.6% whether you have 2 or 25 years with the company.

I understand how pay increases work at a union job via the labor contract with employer...

How does your boss at a non union job give pay raises ?

Pay Raise? They still give those?
21.gif

Im maxed out at my current position. But they Just Said their going to start a New Pay Raise SCale This year.

For newbies its 3 raises, once every 6 months, unless you change positions.

The company I was at before would give a fixed amount and the Dept. Manager would decide, based on work, yeah, of course who got raises. Some people would get 6% , some 2% and some 10%. It was a very unfair system. Alot of corruption. Dept. Manager had favorites.

When I was a cop, it was whenever the county commission would offer us one. Which was never. In 8 years, I think I saw 2 annual raises (1-2%) , and one pay cut(3%).

Also, a 15 year deputy made the exact same amount as a 2 year deputy, which was terrible for morale and retention.

with my promotion I got about 10k a year more and salary but before was 1$ raise a year. havnt been meeting vacancy goals the past few nonths so no bonuses though. Don't expect those to be back for at least a year.

Where I work we got 2% raise. on the other hand the the company COO got nearly a 100% increase in pay. Talk about upper management exercising their license to steal.

I work for the Federal Gov't and many of my group are in the same position, started at the same time, and make the same pay. Our supervisors pretty freely share the pay grade for their position, which, combined with seniority, lets one figure them out too if they wanted. Plus the job description online listed an actual $ figure, none of this "hey we're competitive" junk. A huge draw.

OT and the gravy jobs are how supervisors reward above-averageness.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I've never relied upon someone else to dictate my income.

So you won the lottery?

Otherwise somewhere in there you are dependent on another person.

I work for a DOD contractor. Our pay is set by what they call AWD or Area Wage determination. They set the pay scale by the average pay of workers in the same field in your area. I haven't had a raise in 6 years.

When I was with former company for most years I got 2 pay raises a year, I doubled my salary in 7 years. I think my salary increased faster than anyone in our group of about 50-55 engineers. I also got higher stock options and grants every year too.

No raise for me in 6 years but I'm in management. My pay was nice through the recession though. The hourly employees get an annual review and up to 3.5% raise per year. I've asked for all but 2 raises in my life and got every one. I've never been one to do a task for an hourly wage, I find a way to improve efficiency in any operation.

No raise in my company, but "envelopes". Once a year, if you did great job (or spent enough time under some desks... pardon the expression), you can get an "envelope", a bonus. It can be pretty interesting depending on the year, and it also allows my employer to keep average salaries low throughout year.

We give between 2.5% and 3.5% or a market adjustment if that is greater. If you deserve less than 2.5% you are either going to be terminated or given 12 months to pull yourself together. Bonus is where we see the bigger $. One can get up to 100% of their salary depending on company performance, corporate performance, and personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back