Mobil Delvac in gasoline car

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I use Mobil Delvac in a gasoline car for have an extra cleaning of the engine.

The car is 2006 and calls for MID SAP oils.

No problem. You can run an HDEO in any gasoline engine. No worries. I do it all the time. Many on here do it as well.

I used to run that in the BMW. No problems at all as it's about the same weight as what's recommended from the factory

Originally Posted By: Mephy
Do you do it for an extra cleaning ?

Or for something else.

Several possible reasons to do it.....It is very rugged oil, with a very good additive pack. It does do a very good job of keeping an engine clean. It can also be a less expensive alternative to motorcycle specific oil. And it tends to have somewhat less VII, so it can shear somewhat less.

The reasons not to do it pale in comparison......It does not have the "Energy conserving" additives of regular PCMOs, so there may be an almost imperceptible decrease in fuel economy. And......It may not be available in the exact viscosity recommended. Plus.....It may not meet the OEM specifications.

I do it all the time. I like the product, and like the price better. I get Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 for cheaper than any synthetic on the store shelves. Obviously, one should be cognizant of one's choices, though.

What's your application? If you're using M1 0w-40 already, I'm not sure that you're in need of an HDEO. It could, however, be a feasible option.

I wouldn't do it for a car that new--maybe on something pre-catalytic converters. Car oils are great and numerous--run whatever the manual specs, but in a synthetic and you'll be happy.

Been doing this for hot rod motors for decades. Robust oil and as stated, cheaper that the flashy gold and silver bottle stuff
laugh.gif

I don't believe HDEO clean any better or any worse than regular oil for gasoline engines. Any of the big name synthetics will clean and keep things clean. People stress way too much about this. Even quality conventional oils do a fine job at keeping engines clean. Throw some Pennzoil Platinum in there and don't worry about it, your engine will be clean as a whistle inside. Keeping fresh oil in the crankcase is key to a clean engine, more than the type of oil that's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back