Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0w30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks rather different to Ultra and it has a rather large amount of Boron (508 ppm), in fact the most I've seen in any normal engine oil.

Last edited:
Its VW507 approved. I put in my jetta tdi about 10 days ago. Its a little bit louder on start up. Yet it seems to be running smoother and the noise goes away once its warmed up.

Thanks for the VOA. Different from other regular auto Platinum and Ultra oils. Basically no moly to speak of, where's the calcium? Zinc and phos. aren't that high for a Euro oil. Huge dose of boron through

Originally Posted By: njohnson
Thanks for the VOA. Different from other regular auto Platinum and Ultra oils. Basically no moly to speak of, where's the calcium? Zinc and phos. aren't that high for a Euro oil. Huge dose of boron through

It's a low SAPS euro oil.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: njohnson

It's a low SAPS euro oil.

Which is what you would get with a 507 00 oil, right?

I'm curious about the starting TBN.

I used this in my LS1 when it first came out, for a winter OCI.

But the oil pressure was so unstable when using it (the ONLY oil which ever did this), I dumped it out for the current fill.

I don't know if it was the low SAPs or something else, but my engine did NOT 'like it'.

^^^I had to travel ~30 miles to the closest SOPUS distributor to get mine.

I've never seen, or even heard of it being 'on the shelf' anywhere else, let alone a major retailer.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I'm curious about the starting TBN.

I used this in my LS1 when it first came out, for a winter OCI.

But the oil pressure was so unstable when using it (the ONLY oil which ever did this), I dumped it out for the current fill.

I don't know if it was the low SAPs or something else, but my engine did NOT 'like it'.

It is Low-SAPS. In the U.S. should be used only with diesel engines, in Europe gasser can do it too (lower sulfur in gas then in the U.S.).
I am not sure it is low TBN that cause this. Euro 0W30 oils are pretty thick, almost W40 oils. Maybe that is the reason

If you can wade through the Russian language here is the same oil under the Shell brand:

Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W-30 Shell Helix Ultra ECT С2/C3 0W-30

Downside of this oil is a below average NOACK value of 9.4 so especially in diesel applications it might require more frequent toppings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back