2011 Subaru Outback 5w30 8,114 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

I received my Blackstone results and looking for some opinions on the oil performance. Looking at the Blackstone comments, all seems solid. I find the results satisfactory given my extended oil change interval. I'll hold off on revealing the oil manufacture to minimize any bias/unbias comments for now. Thanks!

Outback_zpsjqmxz7xg.jpg

Quote:
I'll hold off on revealing the oil manufacture to minimize any bias/unbias comments for now.

Its an Internet forum.. most people here have positive comments and constructive criticism. Shouldn't matter what the trolls think

I for one, am curious to know

Whats the point of posting this? It looks fine but the whole point in posting a UOA is info for people with like engines to get a better idea what works well in them.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
PYB FTW! look at that MOLY!

Zinc and phos seem really low tho....

Definitely SN rated

Could have added MOs2....to increase Moly.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Whats the point of posting this? It looks fine but the whole point in posting a UOA is info for people with like engines to get a better idea what works well in them.

+1....not very useful if the branad and weight were not indicated.

Originally Posted By: Rex
I'll hold off on revealing the oil manufacture to minimize any bias/unbias comments for now. Thanks!

Sorry! Didn't catch that statement at first glance.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

Zinc and phos seem really low tho....

Definitely SN rated

pyb sn only has about 240 moly in it. I think he added something else.

I'll hold off on revealing the oil manufacture to minimize any bias/unbias comments for now.

Hilarious idea! Torture for anybody that is a Hater/Fanboy of Brand X oil.
laugh.gif

The oil is SuperTech Full Synthetic, with one can of Liqui Moly MOS2 Anti-Friction oil treatment and using a MicroGreen oil filter.

Im very pleased with this oil and never had to add any supplement oil along the way (not bad for these engines). It was my 1st sample taken from this car.

Honestly it doesn't matter what oil you use in the EJ. I have done several 10K mil runs on 2 EJ's . My 08 Forester is at 159K miles and I will change it out next week. It will have 15K miles on this run!!

As mentioned Iron will go up. In this run I will have changed out the Subaru brand oil filter half way. I am using Subaru 5W-30 Syn. Total oil consumption for this 15K run will be 3 quarts (including filter change. So really with a higher oil consumption it makes sense to go longer.

Btw I have used the Walmart syn. You don't need to add moly. It does just fine on its own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Honestly it doesn't matter what oil you use in the EJ. I have done several 10K mil runs on 2 EJ's . My 08 Forester is at 159K miles and I will change it out next week. It will have 15K miles on this run!!

As mentioned Iron will go up. In this run I will have changed out the Subaru brand oil filter half way. I am using Subaru 5W-30 Syn. Total oil consumption for this 15K run will be 3 quarts (including filter change. So really with a higher oil consumption it makes sense to go longer.

Btw I have used the Walmart syn. You don't need to add moly. It does just fine on its own.

That is ridiculous to have to add 3 quarts of oil, even in a OCI of 15K miles... I know at least 3 people that have newer Outbacks and they do 7500 miles OCI's and do not need to add oil... I do know Sub had some issues with engines that consumed a lot of oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan

That is ridiculous to have to add 3 quarts of oil, even in a OCI of 15K miles... I know at least 3 people that have newer Outbacks and they do 7500 miles OCI's and do not need to add oil... I do know Sub had some issues with engines that consumed a lot of oil.

Why? Did you miss my 08 Forester has 159K miles and that oil includes a filter change?

BTW the reason it used that much is bc it will have sheared down to 20 wt territory. Also I keep the oil level to the top of the full range and I believe that usually means more consumption.

Readers digest:
Remembering Filter change; consumption is around 6000 miles/quart for a well used engine.

Last edited:
The oil is SuperTech Full Synthetic, with one can of Liqui Moly MOS2 Anti-Friction oil treatment and using a MicroGreen oil filter.

Im very pleased with this oil and never had to add any supplement oil along the way (not bad for these engines). It was my 1st sample taken from this car.

My previous post stating that LiquiMoly MOs2 Anti-Friction Oil was added.... was correct. Most major synthetics have either no Moly, or between 50 to 150.
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

Brybo86 said:

Could have added MOs2....to increase Moly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back