Foam Cannon and Pressure Washer Guys Help Me Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sun Joe SPX3000 electric pressure washer. I would like to convert the wand that came with the unit one that is shorter for easier maneuverability. More of a "machine gun" style as opposed to a "rifle" style.

However, I don't want to lose the ability to use the wand as intended (the "rifle" style).

The foam cannon I use has a 1/4" attachment that I use in the factory wand's quick disconnect

Is this possible? What connections do I need in order to make this happen?

Here is how the wand comes from the factory:

forum image hosting

online photo sharing

And when using the foam cannon with this set up, it looks like this:

I'm looking for the connections that will allow me to have a shorter set up like this:

[URL="http://postimage.org/"]

This is the foam cannon I have - [URL]http://www.amazon.com/DUSICHIN-SFL-001-Pressure-Release-Adjustable/dp/B00WPKHFA6

Originally Posted By: user52165
Is there one good reason to pressure wash a car? There are many good reasons not to.

I give you 2 reasons.

road salt.
Washing car when its 35f out.

Was looking at doing the same thing to mine. Look on Amazon. I think I found an adapter there, but I never ordered it.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
I don't understand what the problem is with pressure washing cars.

Me either. There's no problem pressure washing cars when you don't go hog wild with pressure, use the right tip, and use care and common sense. I have a pressure washer which can easily remove paint, but it doesn't when used properly.

We have pressure washed every car and fleet truck we have owned since the 80's.

Our curve ball is HOT water. Leaves the gun at an honest 200 degrees, usually about 150-180 at the paint per IR gun.

Amazing cleaning even without soaps/solvents, but does a great job on almost anything, and QUICKLY!

Cures out new paint, too. Still I find the need to occasionally rub with a sponge as some road film is difficult to remove. Many of our used truck buyers have remarked on a clean and shiny car with no scratching from washes...

Same here, Steve. I've only had one place I didn't like to use the pressure wand at. One Esso, long gone, had the pressure turned way about to about a million PSI.
wink.gif
If careless, one could do damage to pinstriping, weak paint, or any signage; this was back in the taxi days. But, you certainly didn't worry about a weak spray when trying to get rid of road film, either. I, too, will often have a bug sponge in one hand when using a pressure washer for the reasons you indicate.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
I don't understand what the problem is with pressure washing cars.

Me either. There's no problem pressure washing cars when you don't go hog wild with pressure, use the right tip, and use care and common sense. I have a pressure washer which can easily remove paint, but it doesn't when used properly.

+1

Originally Posted By: Rand
alternatively buy
this short wand

I went with this suggestion. It arrived today and I can't get it to hook up to the Sun Joe factory hose.

The wand says "M22 Metric Male thread fitting" and the hose says "M22 fittings"

Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back