Bad Grandpa

Status
Not open for further replies.
True story that I recalled while reading the Jack stand thread.

When I was young my grandaddy would honk at every NAPA truck until they stopped and lowered their window. He would yell, "SIR! YOU LEFT YOUR HAT ON TOP OF YOUR TRUCK!", and drive away laughing his butt off.

As a kid, the variety of profane responses he would receive were hilarious. Every so often, one would try to catch up to give him a piece of their mind, but those 4-Cylinder trucks were no match for his Impalas.

To me, that's what always made the elders so cool. They misbehaved worse than us kids did, and always got away with it somehow.
grin.gif

I used to work at a NAPA store years ago,we toyed with the idea of ticking off NAPA corporate by getting one of those hats and installing it sideways on a delivery vehicle.....we were an independent store,but still NAPA occasionally would keep an eye on the stores (and make sure they are stocking 65+% NAPA items so as not to lose the franchise).

The Napa store I work at doesn't have any hat on the delivery vehicles. They don't even have a Napa logo anywhere on them. I don't think Napa corporate would want the general public to know the pieces of junk we drive represent their company. We've had the most random, rag-tag group of delivery vehicles you've ever seen, and all of them have/had over 200k miles and weren't exactly visually appealing.

I havent seen a Napa hat vehicle in a while. Ive seen some hyundai accents and random older small pickups...

A bit of topic veering here but......

How 'bout a shout out for the big German Shepherd atop the Esso/Humble heating oil trucks!

I remember them being lighted from within. Were NAPA hats lighted?

Hmmm, vaguely rings a bell but maybe from one of their commercials. Advance Auto here has two newer delivery vehicles devoid of signs. Both are plain white extended cab GMC Canyon and a Chevy Sonic hatchback. At least they are newer and nice.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

To me, that's what always made the elders so cool. They misbehaved worse than us kids did, and always got away with it somehow.
grin.gif

Today's society is filled to the brim with worthless [censored] individuals world wide...

You can't even [censored] without someone accusing you of something.

Play with your kids outside and you risk someone calling the child protection agency on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back