Griot's garage exceptional service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Griot's Garage customer for years and love thier detailing products. I have had their Porter Cable DA buffer since atleast 2000 and thier smaller 3" detail buffer since atleast 2003. Just recently the backing plates on the PC were coming apart and the little buffer was getting rough too. So I emailed Griot's asking if I could buy new backing plates. Their response was to send them both back and they would retrofit my buffers to the current style under their lifetime warranry and return them back to me.

Today I get a box from Griot's, just 8 days since I sent mine back, and they shipped me 2 completely NEW buffers!!! No charge at all. This is extremely high customer service in my book!

Excellent but its like any premium vendor - you pay a lot for the satisfaction guarantee.

Sometimes it is worth it!

It's time to party!
25.gif

About 20 years ago we bought some nice full coverage floor mats for the 1993 Chevy truck. They had clips that attached to the floor of the truck to hold in place.

About 8 years ago one of the clips broke (12 years old). Called them up with not more than a vague description of what the clips looked like, and was sent 3 or 4 within a few days.

They are a great company to deal with , I use their spray detailers, polishes and thier DA buffer
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Today I get a box from Griot's, just 8 days since I sent mine back, and they shipped me 2 completely NEW buffers!!! No charge at all. This is extremely high customer service in my book!

They probably wanted the old ones to go in their museum
grin.gif

I have their 6" D/A and love it. It has corrected some messed up paint over the years.

Agree, Griots is great! My topside oiler broke his tee handle and I fixed it with a wood ball from Hobby Lobby. While ordering some clay and other things, I mentioned it to my sales associate. He told me to send the whole thing back so he could give me a new one. I declined as the one I had was working fine but he left me with the guarantee that I could get a new one, just send my old one in.

That's why I use his stuff. I wish he'd come up with a rinseless car wash similar to the Duragloss I use. I'd buy a 5 gallon jug of that!

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Agree, Griots is great! My topside oiler broke his tee handle and I fixed it with a wood ball from Hobby Lobby. While ordering some clay and other things, I mentioned it to my sales associate. He told me to send the whole thing back so he could give me a new one. I declined as the one I had was working fine but he left me with the guarantee that I could get a new one, just send my old one in.

That's why I use his stuff. I wish he'd come up with a rinseless car wash similar to the Duragloss I use. I'd buy a 5 gallon jug of that!

He has something similar but I've never used it:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/spray+on+car+wash.do

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: double vanos

He has something similar but I've never used it:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/spray+on+car+wash.do

I have some of that, just need to try it. Will report my results when I do.

I already have that spray on car wash and it's pretty good. What I need is something like my Duragloss: 2oz added to a gallon of water to wash and dry the vehicle. I have 2 full size pickups that I wash and spray on car wash would be too much $$$.

Meguiar's D114 @ 1:128 or 1:256 depending on how dirty the car is and how you wash it.

1:128 with Gary Dean method works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back