Fiesta ST 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This little ST is the best car I've ever owned. I'll throw down the gauntlet and say that it's just as good in the corners as my old Miata...which was on adjustable coilovers. Ford nailed the chassis setup on this car and it simply inspires a tremendous amount of confidence. I wouldn't touch a thing besides a good set of Bilstein adjustable struts. If you're good, you can drive it home deep and manipulate the rear end on corner entry much like a rear wheel drive car. The passengers will never know what hit them especially when the rear wheel lifs! Just make sure to go into sport mode because the TCS will limit you in dry conditions.

You have to understand the car for what it is really. It's not a straight line car by any means and yes, others will walk away from me on the highway but I'll be right back on their bumper when I take the off ramp or get into the twisties. The 1.6 Ecoboost is a fantastic little motor and just like the others, it's set up by Ford very conservatively to maximize fuel economy. A good tune, intercooler and exhaust setup is the best thing you can do for this car. You also really need to run 93; although 87 is acceptable, it lives for 93 and there is a tremendous difference.

Purchased mine in Feburary, swapped to full syn at 1337 miles and it's about time for another OFL here at 6500. I'll take the advice and run 5w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back