New invention cuts fuel usage up to 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALS

Sunday Herald Sun

New invention will slash fuel bills
By Kelvin Healey
May 22, 2005

Saving money ... Shaun Rigney with his invention, the Vaporate, fitted to a fuel injector. A MELBOURNE invention that claims to slash vehicle petrol bills by up to 20 per cent and reduce harmful engine emissions will go on sale tomorrow.

The Vaporate Fuel Saving System is the brainchild of Shaun Rigney, 44, of Doncaster.
Vaporate, which will retail for a recommended $289 and must be fitted by a mechanic, will be distributed by Repco.

Mr Rigney said it worked by enabling vehicles to use petrol that normally was spewed into the environment.

He said most cars wasted between 15 per cent and 20 per cent of petrol because they failed to turn it into vapour.

Vaporate added heat to a fuel system, ensuring all petrol was vapourised and used.

Mr Rigney, who spent more than seven years developing the device, said extensive testing had shown four in five family cars and four-wheel-drive vehicles fitted with the device used between 10 per cent and 20 per cent less fuel.

He claimed that in some vehicles fuel use dropped by more than a quarter.

The device also allowed motorists who ran cars on premium unleaded to swap to regular unleaded without losing power.

Mr Rigney said Vaporate was fitted to the fuel injector.

"It is a relatively simple principle that has been around for a long time and we have been able to adapt it to modern-day fuel injection," he said.

Mr Rigney said the device would not affect new car warranties.

He had patented it in Australia and the US and an international patent was pending.

Repco merchandise manager Stephen Bird said: "We are very excited. It has a very important place in the history of the motor car.

"We believe it is going to be pretty big."

Mr Bird said the company had thoroughly analysed the extensive testing on the device and was satisfied it worked.

He said Vaporate was less effective on commercial vehicles carrying heavy loads, vehicles driven on mostly country roads and those driven too fast.

Repco authorised service national manager Peter Webb added: "From the testing we have done with the product, it works."

quote:

Originally posted by ALS:

Vaporate added heat to a fuel system, ensuring all petrol was vapourised and used.

There should be a law preventing the marketing of this kind of stuff.

This guy is suggesting trying to bring the engine closer to "heat soak" conditions. This would significantly reduce torque and horsepower and would not affect burn efficiency because this is monitored and adjusted by the ECU through input from the O2 sensors.

And suggesting that you can use a lower octane fuel is ridiculous. If anything, just the opposite is true. If you increase temps in your combustion chamber, you will need even higher octane fuel to prevent predetonation.

It would literally be better to pi$$ into your intake.
rolleyes.gif

Aren't the oil companies supposed to buy up these inventions and lose them?

I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Will the Vaporate interfere with my Tornado air swirler and magnetic fuel line clamps? All three combined will improve efficiency by 105%, for sure.

I saw and old lawnmower repair guy one time convert his straight six ford pickup truck to burn only the fumes from his gasoline...he claimed he got better mileage that way....he did have a problem with it though...what to do with the gasoline once it no longer provide fumes....sounds funny but it actually did work. I saw it...ran fine...he modified the carburator somehow...
dunno.gif

From the article:
quote:

"From the testing we have done with the product, it works."

So does a toy propeller that you hang out the window. That doesn't mean it will do anything else.

I have three Tornados stacked in series, as well as two magnets on my fuel line.

My truck actually makes more gas than it uses, so I sell it back to the gas station and make a tidy profit. Which I spend on Slim Jims and hot dogs.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I've only found one of these gas-saver products that actually worked. Here's it is:
 -

I notice the donkey has a GEO sign on it. This must be a new GM captive import.

clicky feature for no scrolling!

I've read and understood his design. I believe it would work, but it's probably too complex to bring into production all at once. Also, you might get deposits forming in the vaporizer device, which would periodically have to be cleaned.

[ May 23, 2005, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

My fuel saving invention is to put a couple of bricks in the gas tank....'Get your Ronco FuelBrick for only $19.99 plus shipping and handling, and if you order now you'll get twice the fuel savings by receiving not one, but TWO FuelBricks !'

Better than PetRocks :^)

So where are the plans and why isn't every DIYer putting one on his car?

If DIYers are willing to hype up engines with modified intakes, cams, headers, and throttle bodies, I'm sure they'd be willing to modify their engines for this noble cause.

Any new information here yet. I have still not have had anyone absolutely debunk it yet.

Don't get me wrong..I think its a 100% chance that it will not work. I'd like to be able to tell others not to do it.

I've invented something that will cut your fuel use by 20%, especially when commuting:

The 4-day workweek.

Works on gas and diesel engines, carbureted or computer controlled, and the new hybrids too!

Carry on.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back