Air filter wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run one of my old truck.... No complaints. Filter stays cleaner much longer.

Sometimes I spray it with K&N filter oil.

Last edited:
Lots of agricultural and OPE equipment in the farming days had those from the factory. Even my dirtbike did when I was a kid. In some of the farming conditions, I wouldn't want to go without one.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Lots of agricultural and OPE equipment in the farming days had those from the factory. Even my dirtbike did when I was a kid. In some of the farming conditions, I wouldn't want to go without one.

Now that I think about it I had a Honda 70 that had something similar, man that's been 45+ years ago. I grew up out in the county and had a blast on that thing!

Lots of lawn and garden equipment comes with one. I've never seen the need to have one on a vehicle unless it were operated in a seriously severe environment. Even on the farm we never needed anything like that on vehicles, just on equipment that was kicking up large amounts of debris while being operated.

All my OPE with paper element filters have foam sleeves. In addition, I wrap the whole thing with 2 layers of kitchen type paper towels. The paper towel pre-filter catches 99% of the dirt and gets changed every few months. Really saves the filters and keeps the oil cleaner. It is amazing how much dirt gets through the stock filters. Enough to color the oil orange.

Yes I had these for my Dodge Dakotas, I liked them I would always have two, one on the vehicle every two thousand put the clean one on wash the dirty one for next time it worked pretty slick.
TOTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back