2014 Forester XT Loud Knocking + Power Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the frustrating thing with newer Subarus IMO. In the unlikely event you have an issue, they seem to be huge and mysterious, especially with the optioned-up models.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

I'd appreciate more information, if he can remember. Bluesubie also had a turbo failure on his Baja that I believe was the result of the infamous turbo oil supply banjo bolt screen. I honestly don't know if this turbo supply has a screen in the supply.

My turbo failure went like this (FXT):

- Tap, tap, tapping when started in the driveway on the day of a NJ to SC trip (now I know that was oil starvation).
- Thought it could be the oil filter so I changed that.
- Tapping improved a little but it was still there
- Around MD I got a P0011 and P0012
- Called dealer and spoke to head master tech and he said likely turbo banjo bolt screen clogged and probably turbo failure but should be ok going to SC if I try to stay out of boost
- Left a trail of thick smoke from MD to SC and back to NJ. I think it's actually still there!
lol.gif

I thought the screens were removed as well but I recall a post at subaruforester.org (last night?) where someone mentioned a clogged turbo banjo bolt screen in a 14+ FXT.
21.gif

Didn't you have LESS problems with your Stage I STI? Or is it my imagination? I would be asking for a Subaru Gold Warranty from SoA if you don't already have one. I wonder if all of the kinks will be worked out by the 2017 Forester facelift? Or maybe I should wait for the complete re-design on the new Subaru Global platform (after that's been out for a few years).

You guinea pigs, um early adopters
grin2.gif
, are keeping Subaru busy! FHI should throw in the towel and develop a DIT with Toyota. I think the BRZ/FR-S has less issues! It definitely has less fuel dilution!

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
36.gif

Last edited:
Correction to the above. The other newer Forester on the Forester forum mentioned turbo oil feed line banjo bolts, but not banjo bolt screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back