Stuck oil filter - im lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
" ... I got a death grip on the filter and it came off."

Yay!!
cheers3.gif

Just get a good luck at that mating surface on the block and be sure that the gasket and any/all residue came off with the filter. If not, be sure to (gently!) wipe down the area until it is perfectly clean. Don't use an abrasive or steel wool as it will scratch the surface and you could get leaks.

" ... the Lisle 63600 oil filter wrench. I have never seen that wrench fail."

Lisle tools are exceptional. Interesting and useful tools that work as expected. They will be some of the best money you ever spend on tools. Period.

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
" ... I got a death grip on the filter and it came off."

Yay!!
cheers3.gif

Just get a good luck at that mating surface on the block and be sure that the gasket and any/all residue came off with the filter. If not, be sure to (gently!) wipe down the area until it is perfectly clean. Don't use an abrasive or steel wool as it will scratch the surface and you could get leaks.

" ... the Lisle 63600 oil filter wrench. I have never seen that wrench fail."

Lisle tools are exceptional. Interesting and useful tools that work as expected. They will be some of the best money you ever spend on tools. Period.

Yes lol. Vice grips have got to be one of my most favorite tools of all time, I was so happy they made one for an oil filter lol! The tears of happiness came rolling down my face as I the first turn with the vice grips actually moved the oil filter. When I saw the top of the filter it seems all of the gasket was there and in one piece. Now I don't have any more equipment and vehicles with factory filters on so I no longer need to worry about that again! I took a paper towel and gently wiped the mating surface/mounting plate but i didn't actually look at it. That will be done tomorrow. I assure you that the gasket will be LUBED and it will only be hand tightened to snug and not death gripped.

Beers all around!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back