Dating a girl with a kid? Who's done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say though, it makes a big difference whether or not the kids father is still "on the scene", and they're sharing custody, etc. If he's a decent guy, no worries at all, but if he's a tool, it can make life difficult...

Galveston beach isn't far from Houston, go there on weekends you will find many girls without kid(s) in the early to mid 20's on the beach.

It has its challenges, but it also provides insight. What are the circumstances? My ex wife had a child before I met her. She never left home, never lived on her own. Big red flag. But what did I know. She ended up having an affair and you know the rest as she's an ex wife.

oilBabe had two kids when I met her. She was divorced from an abusive ex husband and for all intents and purposes, I'm their father figure these days. She had just finished her masters degree. She was able to go back to grad school and raise her kids.

I knew more know and could watch for red flags.

When you date someone with kids, you get a chance to see how they manage their life and adversities.

We've been married for almost 9 years now. Her kids both have degrees and my daughter is now living with us and attending a local community college for her last two years of high school.

People get married for all kinds of reasons to all sorts of people. We married at 21 but waited until we had a house and were 31 to have kids. Children are a pain in the neck. But they are essential in making grandchildren. They are the real pay off.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
I would only date someone who is marriage material.

A woman who already has a child isn't marriage material? Do tell!

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
I have, we're married now.
Never did understand the stigma.

Let me know how you will handle kids at 36, it's not lawn care. It's a lot of work.

+1
smile.gif

Come on... Like another person said.. You are 26..you can date anywhere between 20 and 30 years old..you tell me there are not enough without kids?! You need to look harder or be less picky..

If there was both a genuine attraction and connection, not sure I'd let a kid impact the situation. i would consider her moral character and intelligence if it happened, but throwing stones at glass houses also applies. People pull themselves up out of situations, and it's admirable if a woman keeps a child to raise. But you don't want the type who thinks its a good idea to get pregnant in order to keep her man. Women are smart about contraception these days.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Keep looking, there are still plenty of girls that age that don't have a child, maybe you are looking in the wrong places.
+1000 most girls I know, do not have children, so I have no idea where your looking.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I'm 26 and it seems harder and harder to not find a girl who hasn't gotten pregnant. It just seems like a nightmare and I'm not really at the stage to think about kids yet. I'm thinking in 10 years i'll think about it.

Where are you looking to meet women, a daycare center? I date women mostly in their 20s and very few of them have kids. And many of them have no desire for kids at least for a few years

Or are you looking for 45 year old women?

When I was 20-21 I almost went on a date with someone who had a kid.

I got REALLY uncomfortable with the idea of a date, so I called her shortly before we were scheduled to meet up and cancelled. I knew I'd be wasting my time, money and probably getting her hopes up for someone who wasn't into her.

Best thing I ever did.

This is more about you than about her. If you are having issues with it then you're not ready or looking for that in a relationship.

If someone threw a baby or child at you and asked you to babysit, is that something you like to do, or do you dread it? Some people are and some people aren't.
If answer is no, perhaps you don't have nephews or nieces or whatever, like you said you're not ready or looking for a instant-family.

Last edited:
You're 26 and thinking of dating women with kids? Not necessarily a bad thing but..
Why do you think you need a girlfriend anyway? You need a lot of them. At 26 you have a quality 5 years of social life.
Work on your self, don't get fat, read books, go out, date 20 year old girls.
At 30-31 find a nice upper -middle class girl without kids, and start family. Make sure she is under 30 when pregnant, it's a lot safer.

I'd look harder at finding someone w/o a kid. They're out there. From the sound of it you're not ready for, or into someone else's kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back