2016.5 Sportster Roadster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
16-hd-roadster-7-large@x2.jpg

16-hd-roadster-3-large@x2.jpg

2016 Harley Davidson Sportster Roadster

if everything was brushed stainless ( like a fridge door) this bike would be awsome! would just need a bit of alumn (call your granma she probably have that in her kitchen lol!)and voila very easy to keep clean

Pretty clean looking bobber style. I like that it has better suspension and brakes. Definitely the best 1200 variant at the moment. No peanut tank like the 48 has which is nice.

I'm kind of getting tired of flat black though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OldSparks
When did the Sportster get USD forks? Nice...

I believe this is the first for the XL. The XR had them.

It also comes in Metallic Red, Gloss Black and Silver.

16-hd-roadster-2-large@x2.jpg

Originally Posted By: whip
I had a 98 1200S. This reminds me a lot of that bike. Very cool.

Bingo. Never had one, but was reminded of that SportsterSport model when I looked at this.
I'd like to ride one, it actually looks pretty cool. Thought that about the XR1200, too.

Originally Posted By: CT8
One of the best looking Sportsters yet.

No kidding! That is a great looking bike, and it really looks like it can be ridden like a motorcycle should be!

I like it!!!

MY wife and I rode up to Tower Harley on Sunday. They had the "army green" looking US army version on the showroom floor, AWESOME looking bike. Even my wife spoke about it more then a few times while we were there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
MY wife and I rode up to Tower Harley on Sunday. They had the "army green" looking US army version on the showroom floor, AWESOME looking bike. Even my wife spoke about it more then a few times while we were there.

Wasn't that a Slim S?

Looks great, but it's still not a high performance bike. Nowhere do I find the rear suspension travel. Does it have more than 2" compression so that it's not bottoming out regularly? That was the biggest problem I had when I tried Sportsters previously. And why is this naked air-cooled bike 568 lbs? My 18 year old Honda VFR800 is much more sophisticated, makes more power than this 1200 with $2149 of Screamin' Eagle Stage IV parts and is 525 lbs wet which is still too heavy, but at least it has a 180mm section rear tire to cope with the weight and power.

I wish there was a true "Sporty" sportster myself. Having seen what can be done by S&S with the engine, one would think that even with regulations in their way, that HD would coax some more ponies out of that engine for a special model. I know it can be done with an air cooled engine and still stay in the good graces of the US Govt.

Sometimes it's not fair to compare an old version of anything, as versions do improve...
I got this magazine yesterday.... Here is a First Look....
Harley Roadster
There is also a link to the magazines Low Rider review at the above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back