BMW i3 Joins Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually these cars will show up to drive you without a driver. They will drive themselves to wherever you want to go.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Eventually these cars will show up to drive you without a driver. They will drive themselves to wherever you want to go.

no thanks! I Don't even like cars with electric steering. If there is no steering shaft I wont own one.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

no thanks! I Don't even like cars with electric steering. If there is no steering shaft I wont own one.

My Mustang has electric steering and there is a steering shaft. The electric part is the power assist.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: donnyj08

My Mustang has electric steering and there is a steering shaft. The electric part is the power assist.

Yes, most still have a shaft. I have no problem with Electric assist as long as there is a shaft.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
BMW i3 has a battery range of less than 100 miles and MSRP is above $42k, not talking about ugly design.

True. But one never knows what makes the next fad.. And the battery range is not relevant for the urbanites. Besides, they are updating the battery with a better range in a few months. It is going to be interesting to see who is the first to deliver the numbers though. BMW has the capital, they figured out the lease game with the great success in past.

I strongly dislike the BMW i3. Not for it's looks, but for it's tall and skinny tire'd nature. It leans and complains when pitched into a corner. And it has a maximum roadholding similar to cars from the 1970's. This is not the direction I want to see new cars go. I absolutely hated my test drive. It's a $46,500 Chevy Chevette that can go a real world 80 miles if you baby it, and 160 miles with the range extender running. No Thank You.

BMW-i3-Range-Extender-Heckansicht-Slalom-fotoshowBigImage-44c6bfbd-745989.jpg

charge+bmw+i3+with+honda+generator.png

2014-bmw-i3-giga-world-inline2-photo-623428-s-original.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back