Honda AWD differential service interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
After resetting the "Maintenance Minder" on my 2015 CRV after an oil change at 9,200 miles, it cued up differential fluid replacement as needed at the time of the next engine oil change. So, total mileage on the factory differential fill will be around 15,000 miles. I don't mind, but it seems early to me. Does this seem about right to Honda owners out there? Are subsequent differential fluid change intervals longer?

Honda stopped publishing mileage intervals for most service items years ago, now grouping services with the next expected engine oil change as directed by the Maintenance Minder, so the manual is of little help. Evidently, this information would be both dangerous and confusing to Honda owners...

Is that the same RT4wd that they've been using in the previous CRVs and Elements? If so, it appears that 30k is a good interval on most forums. I think they originally listed a 90k interval in the older manuals, but people would get grumbling from the diff way before. My Element was grumbling at 58k when I bought it, presumably was never replaced. As far as I know, subsequent intervals are the same, it's pretty much a 100% drain and fill.

I did a drain/fill at about 7k miles. At around 13k miles the maintenance minder showed it needed to be replaced, but it doesn't take into account I already did it. If you plan to keep the vehicle a long time, I would do it every spring. It is $25 in fluids max and then you know it is constantly getting fresh fluid. Just my suggestion though.

it gets changed out early twice at 15kmiles interval (30k total) then goes to approximately 30k miles afterwards if it's like my aunts Honda Pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back