Did anyone see the Fast n Loud episode with the...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The episode of Fast and Loud with the 2015, 1971 Challenger engine swap etc. In that episode they had some kind of rolled up clear plastic, maybe 5 mil or so that they wrapped the front end of the car with to protect it. Does anyone know what kind of film that is and where to get it? It's not like anything I've seen in a paint store, Home Depot, or the boating supply stores. Thanks.

Thanks.

No, it looked like it was in a box, and clung to the metal w/o taping it on. Much like 3M masking film does only it was clear and much thicker.

I remember reading in motortrend that they use it for track racing to reduce front end damage.

I'm positive it is collision wreck wrap, they use it to cover broken windows, and door gaps to prevent water damage after a car wreck while its waiting to be repaired. there is actually a brand called Wreck Wrap.

Originally Posted By: crgstvrs
I'm positive it is collision wreck wrap, they use it to cover broken windows, and door gaps to prevent water damage after a car wreck while its waiting to be repaired. there is actually a brand called Wreck Wrap.

Thanks, I think that's it.

Originally Posted By: jimz68
Do a Google search on "clear bra"

Thanks, what I'm looking for is just temporary protection while working on the car. When I'm done I take it off and toss it.

Originally Posted By: jimz68
Do a Google search on "clear bra"

i didn't see the episode, but no way it's clear bra, or paint protection film, because that is very expensive for something for temporary use and thrown away, and the adhesive is usually going to be way tackier then what the guys above are describing.

People still watching that [censored] show!!!
crackmeup2.gif

It's called stretch wrap. Used for commercial packaging.

I can't watch any car related show wilth manufactured drama and fake crises. Plus I find the owner of the place to be more annoying than the bald guy on Pawn Stars. I wish Roadkill was a weekly show.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
crackmeup2.gif

I watch what I please and often learn something from Aaron. Perhaps it's over your head.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: Malo83
crackmeup2.gif

I watch what I please and often learn something from Aaron. Perhaps it's over your head.

"Learn something from Aaron" yup, you got a lot to learn!

I don't care for the show either. It was the film I was interested in. The Challenger was pretty nice too, it brought back some great memories.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I like Wheeler Dealers. Ed the mechanic does excellent work. Wish he was closer.

He's pretty good. I like Graveyard Carz, they do some really nice work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back