need help from the collective

Status
Not open for further replies.
image_url-23329-1460062787.jpg

image_url-23329-1460062926.jpg

image_url-23329-1460063027.jpg

The insurance co of the texting kid who hit me is going to total my car. This will probably end up in small claims. Ya'll know me. I don't have the patience for morons.

This is the first accident I've ever been in. Get ready. This is our future with these stupid smartphones and careless people. Its going to be an epidemic.

Originally Posted By: old1
What is the NADA classic car value value of the car? LooBks repairable.

Around 13 grand low end. But they will not go by that because it does not behoove them to.

Insurance cos are some of the slimiest sleezebags on the planet.

Was it insured as a classic car?

Go through your own insurance company and see if they will pay to repair and then they will usually go after the side for your deductible.

Glad you weren't injured.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Leo99
Was it insured as a classic car?

Go through your own insurance company and see if they will pay to repair and then they will usually go after the side for your deductible.

Glad you weren't injured.

I didn't have it insured on my end. Because I'm an excellent driver and didn't think I needed it.

I did get knocked out, lost consciousness, and leg and knee got banged up.

Did the other drive get a ticket for texting while driving?

Make sure you're ok and get checked out medically if needed.

Feel really bad for you turtlevette.. That's just super cruddy. And a really cool car too.. One of my favorites when I was a child.

I hope it all gets right in your favor man. I'm pulling for you BIGTIME.

Being that you have a classic car and they will try giving you peanuts for it, I would see a personal injury attorney asap.

YOU didn't have insurance of any kind? You may end up getting the proverbial shaft! They don't allow us to register a vehicle here without insurance. Although collision coverage is not required. My classics I carry full coverage classic car insurance. IT IS CHEAP.

Looks like the door hinge porttion of the body is pretty out of whack. That will be expensive to repair. Plus whatever is busted on the front suspension.

YOU didn't have insurance of any kind? You may end up getting the proverbial shaft! They don't allow us to register a vehicle here without insurance. Although collision coverage is not required. My classics I carry full coverage classic car insurance. IT IS CHEAP.

Not a smart move..... to not have insurance on you vehicle.

Small claims court usually have dollar limits (usually 5K to 10K), and even if you win....getting the $$$ from someone....especially a deadbeat kid..... might be near impossible.

We live....and learn.

Geesh...that's painful to look at. Enough to make an old car guy cry! You do want to get yourself checked out and start the music with a lawyer to advise you of your rights, both property & medical wise.

NO, you guys are too literal. I didn't have collision and I didn't have agreed value collision. You must have liability to get your plates here.

There's nothing cheap in Massachusetts. Many insurers will not write new policies here.

The biggest lesson right off the top is watch out for these guys, texters. If you(anyone in general) are one of them, please stop. He might have killed me if he had hit me on the door.

The thing about this car is that it's a Y84 ie, bandit edition with a 4 speed. It's right on the cowl plate. I've already been looking around, and you just can't find them. I don't want an automatic.

True indeed turtlevette.. Not worth killing someone else over a stupid msg on a phone. It can wait.

You may consider getting checked out if you get severe headaches in the coming days..

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
if u have liability..u are liable for the repairs.

No, the other driver was at fault, his insurance will pay for the repair up to the value of the car.

Have the car in a place that is costing the kid's insurance money. Rent a car. Do some googling and come up with a Firebird blog. Ask them for leads on sales of similat cars. collect a few of these and give them to the agent. And dude, in MA, its best to carry collision. Sure, you are a safe driver, but some of idiots out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back