A/C Delco Oil Filter PF63 E? F? or just a 63?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a brand new Chevrolet Silverado with a 5.3 V-8 , I like to keep it all A/C Delco , here is what I found out , the PF63E is the environmental type oil filter with the "Ë"core , OK what is the PF63F? and a regular 63? thanks , I heard and by reading on here to stay away from the PF63E , thanks in advance for you answers.

Stay away from the E filter. I don't know what the F filter is, but it sounds suspicious too.

PF63 is the only ACDelco I'd recommend. Brand new truck ? Why not get a top notch filter ?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Brand new truck ? Why not get a top notch filter ?

I agree, but what's the efficiency rating on a PF63?

What doesnt the stealer of those bowties offer post sale service cheap.

The fusion's run through the M1 Whatever owned by ford dealer, mobil5w-20 bulk and mobil filter for $12.5x OTD. A decade and 5xxK later, yes ma drives 75+K/yr.

Harvey

According to ACDelco, the Ecore and the Classic(no E) are 98% @ 25 to 30 micron. Motorking, who post here and works for Fram, says that the Ecore is 94% at 20 micron, so I think the Classic would probably be the same.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
I agree, but what's the efficiency rating on a PF63?

I don't know but it's built very well and you don't have to worry about the thing collapsing inside and cutting off the flow of oil. The PF63 would be my minimum choice.

get an e-core you wont have issue ,counltess people cut open their e-core here and none had issue ,everybody wish they had issue but i can tell you most will say my moms mom uncle knew someone that had issue . its a well made filter and the secon generation e-core is sturdier so buy the newer variant if you feel you need stronger ,every cartridge almost are e-core and nobody complain. how come i dont have e-core ? because it isnt avail for my car , i would have an e-core if it was avail.from even spoke about their reluctance to use steel . it is very hard to glue a media to steel

Why have a plastic center tube and soft fiber end caps if you don't have to ?

Yeah, I'm gonna go out and spend $50,000 for a brand new Chevy truck and then save a few bucks by buying an e-core filter...

^^^ Yeah, Merkava_4...I just don't connect.

Why do so many on this forum drive late model vehicles worth $20-30-40K and up, and when it comes time to change oil, they want to brag about how cheap an oil and filter they use?

No spot in my brain for that.

as you age you gain experience,i drive big rig for a living and plastic is all around .and most of the problem i get with plastic is human error .( i can do this approx) i ask how come you dont use a tork wrench to know exactly .the part you install ask for 30 newton meter! most will be like i dont have that tool .this is why i say dont sweat it . if part is properly installed other thing will break way before the oil filter.

Stay away from the E filter. I don't know what the F filter is, but it sounds suspicious too.

PF63 is the only ACDelco I'd recommend. Brand new truck ? Why not get a top notch filter ?

Suspicious? LOL Paranoia at it's finest. The "F" means it was sold in bulk - no box of it's own. I bought a case of AC Delco PF63 filters for my Impala that were the "F" designation. No they were not E-cores.

While I'm not a big fan of the e-core filters, I can say that the dealerships in my area are using them. I haven't heard of a rash of engines being "destroyed" by them.

Last edited:
While looking on ebay, I noticed some of the filters with the "F" designation were e-cores. The key is to look at the GM part number on the filter. For PH63 the non-ecore part number is 89017525
Non e-core

The GM part number for the e-core filter is: 19330000

Ecore

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm gonna go out and spend $50,000 for a brand new Chevy truck and then save a few bucks by buying an e-core filter...

Both were designed by GM......

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
While I'm not a big fan of the e-core filters, I can say that the dealerships in my area are using them. I haven't heard of a rash of engines being "destroyed" by them.

If enough people buy those things, all the filter manufacturers will start making cardboard/plastic filters because they'll think nobody cares. I vote with my dollars and apparently, my dollars are voting against your dollars.

I vote with my dollars and apparently, my dollars are voting against your dollars.

How do you figure that? I've mentioned several times I'm not a fan of e-cores and I bought a case of the "old" style filters.

I know what the dealership uses because I had the oil changed there the first couple of times. Both times they used an e-core. While not what I'd prefer, like I said my engine (and apparently many others) hasn't self destructed yet. Maybe it will in another 400k - 500K miles!
smile.gif

Maybe I should quit using that "thin oil" you are always badmouthing and use 10W-30 - that way I'll get 505K miles! LOL.

Last edited:
ok ,if you think cost per mile for oil filter ?now you are speaking my langage. but saying an e-core or end cap in plastic or center in plastic are bad( no they arent). it doesnt mather . we use plastic in oil filter on big rig . filter that meet 225 degre day in day out at normal temperature . dont sweat it you wont get issue ,just follow your vehicule make oil change recommendation .1500 mile for dirt ( or whatever) 3000 highway or whatever .this is why i love the new supertech (2016)they got versionning for everybody and at 2.84 you cant go wrong on a 4/mile basis

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nate1979

Both were designed by GM......

Nate, exactly! Maybe Merk should notify GM that they are going to be replacing millions of engines because they instructed their dealerships to use such an inferior filter! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back