Pyroil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I've ended up with almost a case of Pyroil penetrating oil. Anybody ever use it?

I've always gone for the PB Blaster but I've got a bunch of this and I'm wondering how it compares for everyone else. I do know it smells a whole lot worse than the PB.

Its decent. Everything is a step down once you've tried Kroil, and Pyroil probably is another step down from PB... probably close to good old 'liquid wrench,' which isn't bad.

If I remember correctly it's just kerosene. Liquid Wrench recently updated their formula with cerflon. I like it better than PB now.

Sure doesn't smell like just kerosene, not sure what the smell is but I'm very familiar with kerosene.

Just make sure it isnt toxic to rubber, plastics, wire insulations......

And if it is, be careful where you spray it.

I have Kroil in the can- drips only- not the aerokroil

Then I picked up some liquid wrench and wd40 (the new stuff- or newish)...I may have some PB blaster around which was my first penetrant that helped got it all started.

Pyroil is fine stuff. I would use it for general purpose but if you have bad nuts/bolts I would use kroil. Pryoil is made by Ashland. They make good stuff. I have used their starter fluid and brake cleaner plenty of times and I feel it does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back