Purolator Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the new Boss filter by Purolator? I picked up three from Advance Auto (Came in deal with Pennzoil Platinum. Also got additional $5 off with Speedperks). They claim to last up to 15k miles. My 07' Accord V6 goes about 7k miles before needing an oil change. I was thinking about leaving the filter in until a second oil change. I know Purolator has gotten a bad rap for their filters tearing, but I haven't had any issues with the PureOne's I've been using (Used around 8 PureOne's a year for 10 years now with no issues. Still have 19 PureOne's). I would appreciate any input from people who have actually used the Boss filters. Thanks.

If you've had good results with PureOne's....continue to use them for one OC (or 7k to 8k). No sense in wasting them or the $$$ you spent.

Save the Puro Boss till you run out of PureOne's.

The PSL20195 I cut open @10k miles looked really good but the ADBV had a large rip in it that had a small effect evidenced the length of time the oil light was illuminated on start-up. No odd sounds though so I reckon no issue.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3991191/Purolator_PSL20195_cut_open_@_#Post3991191

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
If you've had good results with PureOne's....continue to use them for one OC (or 7k to 8k). No sense in wasting them or the $$$ you spent.

Save the Puro Boss till you run out of PureOne's.

thumbsup2.gif
.... I believe this is good advice in my opinion.

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

I got a Boss with the same deal. I prefer the Fram Ultra, but I'm going to run the Boss with Maxlife in the summer for probably 5 or 6 thousand miles.

I got the same deal for my malibu's next oil change. Ive got pp and a fram ultra on right now with 4,700 miles and 24% oil life left.

Originally Posted By: VetteElite
I got a Boss with the same deal. I prefer the Fram Ultra, but I'm going to run the Boss with Maxlife in the summer for probably 5 or 6 thousand miles.

Im looking forward to your cut open pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back