Anchor or DEA brand motor mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Rock auto sells DEA brand mounts and the local parts store has Anchor brand motor mounts.

I have never heard of DEA mounts how do they compare to Anchor?

This is for my 96 Regal 3800II.

OEM only. This is one of those things I will only use OEM for, and I'm not a big OEM stickler.

Aftermarket motor mounts die after a few months, you'll get rattles and vibrations.

I do not know those brands, but I did buy some WESTAR brand motor mounts for a Lexus recently.

Total junk. Was defective in the box, couldn't even install it (center mounting stud was loose in the rubber isolator).

Unless the price difference is gigantic, stick to OE if it gave remotely reasonable service.

If selling the car soon or want to do the job again in less than a year, use any of those brands. Otherwise, OEM.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
I do not know those brands, but I did buy some WESTAR brand motor mounts for a Lexus recently.

Total junk. Was defective in the box, couldn't even install it (center mounting stud was loose in the rubber isolator).

Unless the price difference is gigantic, stick to OE if it gave remotely reasonable service.

yup also rebadged anchor

OEM bushings are definitely the way to go - if you really want to eliminate the movement look to a poly insert that pushes into the bushing to firm it up
smile.gif

The old Camry in my signature has a torque motor mount at the top of the engine. The DEA mount was the worst turning to powder the first month. The anchor ripped. Finally went with the Beck Arnley and its been fine for over 100k. RockAuto is not always the best prices sometimes Amazon or ebay has them beat with free shipping.

Friend of mine just put a set of WESTAR mounts in his $300 craigslist Neon. The two torque mounts and the transmission mount. Still need to do the weird timing cover engine mount.

I reckon the car is worth $400 now. And since the head gasket and transmission have been changed, it might make it to 120K. It is a Neon, so pushing it.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
OEM only. This is one of those things I will only use OEM for, and I'm not a big OEM stickler.

Aftermarket motor mounts die after a few months, you'll get rattles and vibrations.

+1 I am the same way. Some items are better off spending the extra scratch. I used a DEA branded driveshaft center support. It was a middle of the road product and I figured it would work. Thing not only quit after a couple years but warped the driveshaft in the process. I learned my lesson 1,500 later
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I don't like the idea of DEA in my car.

Not that I have anything to hide......

Came here to say this
laugh.gif

I have bought 3 or 4 of them and only returned 1 because i bought the wrong one. Visually they are crude representations of OEM but they get the job done.

Originally Posted By: novadude
Originally Posted By: KingCake
Both the same junk.

It's very difficult to find quality aftermarket mounts anymore.

It's impossible.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: novadude
Both the same junk.

It's very difficult to find quality aftermarket mounts anymore.

It's impossible.

I suppose you can get high quality new ones from performance oriented companies, but they usually have firmer bushings and transmit more engine vibration into the car.

Both the same junk.

I echo those thoughts. Go OEM. Aftermarkets will quickly fail or will be so stiff that the whole car will shake. Been there, done that.

The front lower mount on that car is a PITA to do, I usually drop the left side of the sub frame and lift the engine only slightly.
Use the $80 (online dealer price) OE mount only and do the tranny mount at the same time (its much easier).
The aftermarket suck bad, don't use a solid mount poly option on this car unless you want your teeth rattled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back