Milesyn Synthetic Oil. Anyone heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking around for a bulk purchase of Synthetic 0W-20 and stumbled upon this blender in NY who is selling 5 Gallon pails on Amazaon, ebay and others at very reasonable pricing.

Has anyone every tried oil from this company?

A 5Gallon pail of 0W-20 Synthetic is $62 shipped. That's a pretty great price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some specs from their catalog:

Milesyn SXR 0W-20 Full Synthetic

Viscosity@ 40 C= 43.5
Viscosity@ 100 C= 8.3
Viscosity Index= 170
Noack % = 13
High Temp/High Shear= 2.6
Phosphorous %= .085
Zinc wt %= 7.09
Approvals= API SN/GF-5

Correction. I did find it on the website under the company name of Reliance Fluid Technologies out of Niagara Falls, NY.

Milesyn SXR 0w-20 is the API website at SN/GF-5 rated oil.

At $3 a quart, I might give it a try!

Yes, if you found the product on the list, it would be worth a try. I gave it a quick check because the name was new to me, and we all know how drum and pail labelling can be. They made claims, but had no API markings, at least that I could see, on the labelling. But, if it's certified, it's worth a check.

I just ordered two 5 Gallon pails to try. I'll run them in my Tundra and Highlander and then do a UOA with blackstone and see what comes of it.

Interesting that some of my research finds that Reliance Fluid Technologies also makes/blends Mach2 Synthetic oil, something others have see in dealerships.

Rumor has it that it is re-branded Amsoil product....

Bumping this back up because I am very curious about this oil. Any further comments on it? I'm going to get their 15w-40 CI-4 Plus oil for my vintage Alfa's but wondering about the SXR stuff for my Subaru and such. Would anyone try it in modern BMW's that use LL-01 (with shorter oil cycles).

I purchased a case of the semi synthetic 5w20, put it in a scion xb yesterday. Plan on running it in the hyundai.

Read something that it is manufactured in Niagara Falls, NY, near where I used to live. Thats one of the reasons I bought it, and the case was 29 dollars shipped to the door on amazon prime.

I have been using it in my Tundra and Highlander without issues. I am due to purchase another 5 gallons and pricing on Amazon is still very good. I do need to do a UOA on it. Haven't done so yet.

I had posted about this a few weeks ago and ended up ordering the 12 qt case of the 5w30 semi syn to try it out. At less than 30 bucks for 12 qts, why not?

This topic is over a year old but I didn't see any followup on whether Miles lubricants are any good. Can anyone update this thread with their thoughts after using it?

They sell 15w40 synthetic in 5 gallon buckets for a very reasonable price so I'm trying to figure out if I should take the plunge.

I purchased 12qts of Milesyn full synthetic 5w30 from Wal-Mart. Because I choose Pick-up over shipping - I got a discount and the total after tax was under $28, for 12 quarts of full synthetic 5w30. Lovely
laugh.gif
I hope the performance is as good as the price. Either way it definitely should outperform many conventional oils on WalMart shelf, if not all of them.

It's less than 20 bucks right now on Amazon for 12 qts (5w30 semi syn). I ran the semi syn in the F150 for a 5k oci and had no issues with noise or burning at all. Currently, the gf's Corolla has it and it's doing well. Running it for 5k. Actually, I have a fresh 12 qt case sitting in storage right now. The oil seems to be a decent one for 5-7k oci's. I can't comment on the full syn.

I just took a bite at the apple. 0W-20 Full Synthetic. $38 for 12 quarts. Amazon.com.

Refreshes this thread.

5W-20 Synthetic Blend is about $30 for 12 quarts right now. Very tempting to stock up on motor oil, since there is no expiration date.

Originally Posted by Fifty150
I just took a bite at the apple. 0W-20 Full Synthetic. $38 for 12 quarts. Amazon.com.

Refreshes this thread.

5W-20 Synthetic Blend is about $30 for 12 quarts right now. Very tempting to stock up on motor oil, since there is no expiration date.

It's not any good, it is not from one of the majors so for it to be a good product it needs to be 3X that price and have purple dye. But you can send the 0W20 to me and I will use it in my 2018 Silverado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back