Stabil vs Seafoam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know topic has been covered before but I was hoping to find some level of scientific, or at least something greater than anecdotal, evidence on which product is better for long term gasoline (E-10, realistically) preservation.

I have used both before with fine results but I have some "stuff" from my motorcycle to some outboard and even OPE engines which seem very rare use. Certain things like the chainsaw and the motorcycle I like to keep with a full tank for various reasons (ie: chainsaw "grab and go" and motorcycle to prevent tank rust). Currently using marine stabil, but have used the red stabil as well as seafoam in the past for up to a full year with no issues.

Does anybody have real information and which offers the best fuel preservation? I guess its two fold; which one keeps fuel fresh and effective longer? Which one prevents gumming and varnish even after the gasoline is past its effective lifespan?

The blue marine sta-bil. Don't use the red stabil cause it's not ethanol compatible and doesn't work. Trust me.

That's if you're dead set on using stabilizer. Honestly I don't bother using anything at all. Just run the engine once a month to circulate the fuel. Most hi quality 2 stroke oils have stabilizer in them already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
The blue marine sta-bil. Don't use the red stabil cause it's not ethanol compatible and doesn't work. Trust me.

New bottle of red stabil I just bought says ethanol compat right on front. They've updated.

I use the red sta-bil, double dose. Works just fine. Last Nov. I put 28 gal. of E-10 in storage for my OPE.

That's complete and utter nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back