Got a great deal on 4x Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd share a deal I just got on 4 new tires.

First off, this is for my 2010 Fusion which currently has 4 BF Goodrich Advantage T/A tires that, while they still have between 5 and 6 32nds of tread left, are starting to show microcracks all the way around, so I figure they are nearing the end of their life.

What I got was 4x 215/55R17 Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires, from Discount Tire Direct.

Tires were $99 each
$40 'Web-only' savings on the 4
$60 Visa card rebate
$30 rebate if I use a Discount Tire card.

So I applied for a card and got approved.

With the $40 discount, and including tax and $8 AZ state disposal fee, the cost for 4 tires was $394.62 - Delivery is free

Deduct from that the (hopefully) $90 in rebates, and I get 4 of these very good tires for just a hair over $300

The Discount Tire near me says they'll install them for $15 each, so that means I get these for $364.62, installed, once all is said and done. That's only $91 a tire, delivered and installed.

Last edited:
Nice score. Discount tire direct has the $100 off 400 deal going on ebay right now. I just picked up a set of Cooper CS5 Grand touring tires for the fiancee's 08 CRV. They have a $70 MIR on these tires. I'm in GA so had to pay tax but worked out to $500-100 instantly - 70 MIR so $330 delivered. Discount tire on Ebay is the only place I buy tires these days..

I've never had any Coopers before but the reviews I saw on the CS5's were quite good.

That's an awesome deal. I had 4 Pirelli Cinturato P7s installed on the 2013 Beetle today, same size. They were about 2x that.

My parents have the Zeons RS3-A's on their MBZ, and my BIL has them on his BMW. Both parties are extremely happy with dry road and rainy day performance. Excellent choice.

But you could have bought some really horrible Michelin tires at twice the price.

I'm so disappointed.

Not.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I guess yours are H rated. I hope you get better wear from your Zeons than I did on my Infiniti, size 245-45ZR-18. Mine wore out in 25K miles and were very noisy.

Nope. These are W-rated. 215 /55 R17 98W XL BSW to be specific.

UTQG - 500AAA

Mileage warranty - 40,000 Miles.

That is a good deal! I hate to say, but you could have gotten them on Discount tire directs ebay store for $312.00 - $60.00 rebate card for $252.00 with free shipping and no sales tax.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I don't do Ebay any more. Got screwed over by them enough times that I avoid anything Ebay now.

You buy tire from Discount Tire Direct website or from Discount Tire Direct on eBay is the same company, you will have the same excellent service from them.

Not all eBay sellers are bad nor they are all good. You just weed out the not so good and buy from a reputable companies such as DTD.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I don't do Ebay any more. Got screwed over by them enough times that I avoid anything Ebay now.

You buy tire from Discount Tire Direct website or from Discount Tire Direct on eBay is the same company, you will have the same excellent service from them.

Not all eBay sellers are bad nor they are all good. You just weed out the not so good and buy from a reputable companies such as DTD.

I know, but it's more of a principle thing. I'm not giving Ebay (or PayPal, for that matter) any of my money. Period.

I know, but it's more of a principle thing. I'm not giving Ebay (or PayPal, for that matter) any of my money. Period.

Now, I understand your position.

If I was you I would ask DTD about $100 off, before I placed an order, as they have that discount on eBay. They may give you that discount since they don't have to pay eBay and Paypal fees.

PS After some miles will you post your opinion about this Cooper RS3-A ?

Last edited:

Now, I understand your position.

If I was you I would ask DTD about $100 off, before I placed an order, as they have that discount on eBay. They may give you that discount since they don't have to pay eBay and Paypal fees.

Well unfortunately, I have already purchased the tires, so requesting the $100 off is no longer an option.

On the plus side, I ordered the tires at about 4:30PM on 3/7, and they were already at my front door when I got home from work yesterday (3/8), so delivery was amazingly fast.

PS After some miles will you post your opinion about this Cooper RS3-A ?

Yes, I will definitely be doing this.

Deduct from that the (hopefully) $90 in rebates,

Bought 4 Cooper CS5 Ultras from DTD during last years July 4th sale. Submitted the DTD and Cooper rebates online. Had the DTD rebates back in about 3 weeks and the Cooper rebates in about 4 weeks.

I bought a set of Cooper RS3A's for my 2012 Mustang GT last September size 255/40/19 and I continue to be so impressed with this tire! Living in the northeast I wanted a tire that gave me better cold weather performance. Not that I drive this car in the winter but here in Western MA it gets cold in springtime and cold in the fall. For real high performance tires this is a problem as soon as it got below 55F the factory supplied Perelli high performance summer tires were all over the road! And could be downright dangerous giving the car gas around a corner.

As for the Coopers I felt I would gain better cold weather performance although I felt I was going to loose warm weather dry grip I was way off! Not only did I gain real significant cold weather grip I gave up little if any warm weather grip! I only give up a little grip when it's real hot out 85F and up with hot tires. Other then that the Cooper RS3A is a much better tire then what came with my car. I can't comment on tire wear although I don't expect to get more than 30,000 miles esp when I drive this car hard. I find this tire to be a real bargain in performance tires.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
I bought a set of Cooper RS3A's for my 2012 Mustang GT last September size 255/40/19 and I continue to be so impressed with this tire!

As for the Coopers I felt I would gain better cold weather performance although I felt I was going to loose warm weather dry grip I was way off! Not only did I gain real significant cold weather grip I gave up little if any warm weather grip! I only give up a little grip when it's real hot out 85F and up with hot tires. Other then that the Cooper RS3A is a much better tire then what came with my car. I can't comment on tire wear although I don't expect to get more than 30,000 miles esp when I drive this car hard. I find this tire to be a real bargain in performance tires.

Good to hear positive result with RS3-A. I may try it when I need tire for my S2000.

I have them on an AT mazda5 in 205/50R17.
they did good in rain, dry, Chicago snow, and some twisties in TN mountains.
I think we have 10k-12k miles on them and we didn't get into any skid yet.
i keep them pumped at 36 instead of 32.
they' "sing" or jump on certain kind of concrete pavement (i wasn't the only vehicle doing that so not my car's fault)
they where the DTD ebay deal (at that time, DTD ebay didn't have cooper's CS5 in my size)

I bought the last 3 sets of tires from Town Fair Tire. Did I get the best price on the best tire? Probably not, but TF's site was fast and the Hanover store interacted 100% with the on-line side. I know because I got 2 confirmation calls from a real live American person without even asking for them. The Altimax R 43 work well on the '09 Camry. Quieter and better than whatever they took off. I didn't even attend. I had my son go and play video games while I breezed in and handle the paper work , they showed me the tires waiting to go on. It was a very hassle free, pleasure to do business with event. My cultured smile and pleasant demeanor helped too.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back