Where can I buy Edge High Mileage 10w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The single quart bottles just showed up at AAP and Autozone in my area Quattro Pete. It may be awhile before we see the 5 qt containers. Have you looked at the PDS for these?? Looks pretty doggone good as far as NOACK is concerned for them.

Man, I wish we got Edge & M1 High Mileage oils over here. Especially the 10W-30 and 10W-40 grades. I'd be all over those ....

That 10W-30 has a NOACK of 8.5 and is A1/B1, SN & GF-5 rated.
The 10W-40 has a NOACK of 10 and is A3/B4 & SN rated.

I'd be curious to see the composition of Edge 10W40 to see how it stacks up against M1's and Pennzoil's HM 10W40's.

Another member posted last week that the different Ti additive amounts in Edge (NA) were (from most to least) EdgeHM(gray)>EdgeEP(gold)>Edge(black)

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
And does it come in 5qt jugs?

Aren't you asking for an awful lot by asking for them to be available in 5qt jugs? Would it alter your buying decision if they weren't available in 5 qt jugs? I am interested myself but after this CLEAN cycle I Am on with the PUP, I am not so sure there is a better additive package for thse old school Lexii than this moly-driven Pennz. Seeing good cleaning action going on (see sig, I Went from no conSUMPTion to using some for the clean phase)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6
Aren't you asking for an awful lot by asking for them to be available in 5qt jugs? Would it alter your buying decision if they weren't available in 5 qt jugs? I am interested myself but after this CLEAN cycle I Am on with the PUP, I am not so sure there is a better additive package for thse old school Lexii than this moly-driven Pennz. Seeing good cleaning action going on (see sig, I Went from no conSUMPTion to using some for the clean phase)

The reasons for buying 5-qt jug: lower per quart cost, can be used to dispose used oil and other uses.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

The reasons for buying 5-qt jug: lower per quart cost, can be used to dispose used oil and other uses.

convenience comes with a cost, namely non-availability.

Last edited:

Aren't you asking for an awful lot by asking for them to be available in 5qt jugs?

Why? Other HM oils come in 5qt jugs. Why not Castrol?

Quote:
Would it alter your buying decision if they weren't available in 5 qt jugs?

Not necessarily, but if it does come in 5qt jugs, then that's what I'll be looking out for since these are typically priced better.

Based on the info I obtained from Castrol, it does not come in 5qt jugs as of now.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
The single quart bottles just showed up at AAP and Autozone in my area Quattro Pete.

Called two different AutoZones near me today. Both assured me they have Edge HM 10w-40 on hand. I specifically asked them to check that it's not GTX HM. They assured me it was Edge HM. I make the trip out there, and of course it's GTX HM, not Edge HM. I realize these people work for minimum wage or close to it, but that still does not excuse the incompetence. Ugh...

End of rant.

If it's not going to be offered in Walmart 5 quart jugs,it will suffer the same fate as PUP. It will never sell and slowly disappear.

The single quart bottles just showed up at AAP and Autozone in my area Quattro Pete.

Called two different AutoZones near me today. Both assured me they have Edge HM 10w-40 on hand. I specifically asked them to check that it's not GTX HM. They assured me it was Edge HM. I make the trip out there, and of course it's GTX HM, not Edge HM. I realize these people work for minimum wage or close to it, but that still does not excuse the incompetence. Ugh...

End of rant.

lol, pretty [censored] annoying

End of rant.

Dude, it's no rant I promise you. I ordered a fricking cinnamon roll from PH (and I don't even like Pizza due to lack of quality available) and they couldn't even put the freaking cinnamon on it adequately. maybe it was a dip they forgot but i swear you need to provide extra step by step instructions now for the most mundane of tasks, it isn't even funny!

Last edited:
Still cannot find it in any local stores. I checked WM, PepBoys, Autozone, and AAP. And they don't show up on their respective websites, either.

The only place so far that has it is Amazon, but at $60/6 quarts, the price is a bit hard to swallow...

I really want to try this oil and I'm already overdue for an oil change. Ugh...

Think I finally found it at one AAP store, and there seems to be a promo this month... 5qts Edge HM for $32.99. That's probably the best I can find for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back