Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: JMJNet
Originally Posted By: Stewie
Mazda 3 2014, 2.0L AT

There is also a gasket in it.

I know Mazda is produced by Ford.
I am not familiar with Mazda.
The question is the Mazda transmission made by Ford?
If so, then replacing the ATF every 30K is probably help.
Use synthetic will help also.

If it is not a Ford Transmission, then you can probably treat it like a Toyota transmission as a lot of the other answer.
Unfortunately, what works for a Toyota may not be working for a Mazda.
You may also want to post in this specific car forum available in the Cyberspace.

JMHO.

This should be a SkyActiv which is a Mazda unique setup. Make sure you use the Mazda FZ fluid. It is blue, 0000-FZ-113E-01 is the part number. If you have any sort of warranty issue and the dealer sees a fluid that is not blue, we have been told to take pictures and send to Mazda corporate for guidance. We have had a couple fast lubes service the transmissions in these with universal fluid and the cars barely make it to us. All warranty coverage on the trans was denied when red tinted fluid was discovered.

Yeah they will probably charge an arm and a leg for it.

For now I will be doing drain and flush until I hit 100k

Not too bad $10.63/L for ATF-FZ in Canada

I also got the "Sealed for life speech" but their warranty is only for 5 years
crackmeup2.gif

Does anyone find it suspicious that they only warrant their cars for up to 100K miles? Sealed for life my *****

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
Originally Posted By: Stewie
Mazda 3 2014, 2.0L AT

There is also a gasket in it.

I know Mazda is produced by Ford.
I am not familiar with Mazda.
The question is the Mazda transmission made by Ford?
If so, then replacing the ATF every 30K is probably help.
Use synthetic will help also.

If it is not a Ford Transmission, then you can probably treat it like a Toyota transmission as a lot of the other answer.
Unfortunately, what works for a Toyota may not be working for a Mazda.
You may also want to post in this specific car forum available in the Cyberspace.

JMHO.

This should be a SkyActiv which is a Mazda unique setup. Make sure you use the Mazda FZ fluid. It is blue, 0000-FZ-113E-01 is the part number. If you have any sort of warranty issue and the dealer sees a fluid that is not blue, we have been told to take pictures and send to Mazda corporate for guidance. We have had a couple fast lubes service the transmissions in these with universal fluid and the cars barely make it to us. All warranty coverage on the trans was denied when red tinted fluid was discovered.

What kind of transmission fluid and filter change does your dealership do on the new automatic Mustangs? I know on the other thread about auto tranny changes, they claim the Ford 6R80 cannot have the fluid exchanged because of the internal thermostat which requires a certain temp to open the thermostat up and have fluid go through the entire transmission.

Is there a way to do a proper fluid exchange on this transmission or is just the pan drop method recommended?

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wtd

What kind of transmission fluid and filter change does your dealership do on the new automatic Mustangs? I know on the other thread about auto tranny changes, they claim the Ford 6R80 cannot have the fluid exchanged because of the internal thermostat which requires a certain temp to open the thermostat up and have fluid go through the entire transmission.

Is there a way to do a proper fluid exchange on this transmission or is just the pan drop method recommended?

Wayne

We do a lot of pan drops on the 6R80. You can flush using the cooler lines, but you have to get the fluid hot.

"Sealed" transmissions just sound like another feature I do NOT want in my next vehicle purchase.
I would personally look into extracting the ATF via the dipstick tube, if possible. I doubt the techs at the dealership drop the pan each time they get an ATF flush.

As far as dropping the pan, I have done one in the past in a Toyota V6 1MZ transmission at 10 years (forgot the mileage, around 160K?) and it all looked great. Threw on a new trans filter and changed to synthetic ATF. I don't think it'll need to be dropped again under normal conditions, kept same ATF D&F interval with synthetic.

Originally Posted By: wtd

Wayne

We do a lot of pan drops on the 6R80. You can flush using the cooler lines, but you have to get the fluid hot.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will probably do the pan drop and filter change instead of trusting that I'm going to get a proper fluid exchange unless they tell me they have a heated fluid exchange machine.

I also just ordered a new tranny pan and a weld in tranny plug and am going to have a local shop weld it in for me so that I will have an easier way to drain this transmission as well as doing periodic drop and fills.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back