Napa Pro Select 27526 - 5000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran this for 5000 miles in our 2013 Wrangler with the Pentastar. This was installed by the Toyota dealer where we bought the Jeep. Not real impressed with this, as the PureOnes I've used in the past have always looked flawless after nearly twice the miles. I replaced it with a Mopar filter.

Yeah, aesthetically doesn't look great at the one with some of the pleating. But, I'm thinking as long as it didn't tear, did it's job. And NPS is the bottom of the line of Wix/Napa filters/cartridges. The Wix/Napa Gold 5/7526 might have had a better 'looking' result.

Seen many ecotec cartridges looking far worse than this.

Thanks for pics.

Welcome back sayjac! Good to see you posting again and the guys were asking about you during your absence.

Thanks SatinSilver. I bet you've been holding the fort.
55.gif

That looks like a really long filter. How long is it? If it is as long as appears, I would be surprised to NOT see any waves. Looks like it did its job

I'd agree that the filter was definitely still doing its job. I certainly wouldn't consider it to be a failure. It's just not exactly confidence inspiring,especially when I'm used to seeing this after 9000 miles with the PureOnes I've been using.

Yep, that P1 cartridge looks good at 9k miles. Another member, 440Magnum, has had similar results with the same P1 cartridge posted here.

Apples to apples, P1 tier would be Wix/Napa Gold cartridges. Generally speaking, non mentioned would be used as jobber/quick lube cartridges.

Purolator made filters IMO looked the best for this engine followed by WIX. Not sure how the new Puro stuff looks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back