Why Erin Esurance vanished from TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall a thread here, lo, these many moons ago, in which we polled to see who was the hottest cartoon babe of all time. Certainly I remember voting for Erin Esurance, the animated mascot character from those sprightly 30-second online insurance spots. Here's the story of how she came to be (inspired by Jennifer Garner on Alias, apparently), and why and how she vanished:

http://priceonomics.com/how-esurance-lost-its-mascot-to-the-internet/

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I'll take this lady for my...uh...insurance "needs".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyCSMlYHDU

She's pretty. My reaction to her speech, however, is not "You should have done more research on [your insurance company]," but "You should have learned how to drive so you wouldn't smash your new car into a tree."

Liberty has been offering some attractive ladies in their spots. My favorite is the tall slim Asian girl who complains, "What good is insurance if you get punished for using it?" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s1A68z7YFU)

I always wished I could find someone in real life like her...

...still looking
smirk.gif

When I worked in insurance I used to love hearing the interesting accident stories about how dumb people are. It actually made driving a little scary.

One girl totaled her new BMW after she hit a pole on her way home from purchasing it at the dealership. The reason? She was taking a selfie to send to her friends from her new car. Her story was someone "ran her off the road", but after the investigation she was found at fault and phantom vehicle coverage was denied.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Erin is sort of a grown up version of Kim Possible, who also inspired a lot of fan art on the interwebz.

As the article says, "Rule 34: If it exists, there will be pr0n of it."

"Bro-tato chip"? We've come a long way from "You're in good hands with Allstate" -- when the concept was selling the company's security and reliability. Some companies still do that. But humor, especially with the car insurance companies, seems to be the "in" thing now.

Insurance commercials are the worst. If I have to hear "Whaddaya wearing, Jake from State Farm?" one more time, I just might smash my TV with a bat.

Anyone is better than "Flo".

Between her and the Geico gecko.....it's time for a change.

I actually think Flo is HOT!!
laugh.gif
Haha so annoying but yet so [censored] sexy!! She reminds me of Charlie's annoying neighbor on Two and a Half Men who always climbs up his balcony,etc and is always throwing herself at him. Even though she's beyond annoying and is a HUGE pita,she's just so HOT!! Maybe it's because she's so nerdy and I find nerd chicks to be SEXY!! Haha

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I'll take this lady for my...uh...insurance "needs".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyCSMlYHDU

She's pretty. My reaction to her speech, however, is not "You should have done more research on [your insurance company]," but "You should have learned how to drive so you wouldn't smash your new car into a tree."

Liberty has been offering some attractive ladies in their spots. My favorite is the tall slim Asian girl who complains, "What good is insurance if you get punished for using it?" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s1A68z7YFU)

Oh yes! She's a dish.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

laugh.gif
Haha so annoying but yet so [censored] sexy!! She reminds me of Charlie's annoying neighbor on Two and a Half Men who always climbs up his balcony,etc and is always throwing herself at him. Even though she's beyond annoying and is a HUGE pita,she's just so HOT!! Maybe it's because she's so nerdy and I find nerd chicks to be SEXY!! Haha

I used to think the same thing. I don't know, but after a decade of her I guess I'm not feeling the love anymore.

As a side note....many of these actors that you see in ad's year after year....make hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars every year.

Good for them.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

laugh.gif

That's an interesting idea -- Flo plus Charlie's Rose (Melanie Lynskey). Rose is much lovelier, but their coloring is kind of similar. What an intriguing scenario . . .

Interesting tale about Erin Esurance. I had forgotten about her character.

Now I know about Rule 34.

I had on occasion thought about the Flo character. I'd bet that if she manages her income from the character carefully, she'll be set for life. Not bad for playing a goofy insurance saleswoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back