CarQuest #R85358, 7,900 MILES CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was off a newer 2013 Nissan Altime with the 4cyl and Carquest 5w30 oil. Not bad, and tiny filter LOL!
smile.gif
. Enjoy the pics and as always any questions ask. Put a WIX back on along with MaxLife 5w30 blend we have as our bulk oil

1zbue02.jpg

jpfvd2.jpg

absgzq.jpg

ixywrb.jpg

1iolmb.jpg

18yale.jpg

f2eqp.jpg

23sya8z.jpg

bewtw5.jpg

Thanks for the effort and the pics.

My new question to ask is, "Where does this filter live on the "good-better-best" scale?

I'm under the opinion that CarQuest filters are pretty good.

Weedeater sized
smile.gif

I am supposed to run a weedeater sized one too but I run the 7317. So does memphis909. At minimum this is easier to grab a hold of.

Yeah that's a bit odd... Otherwise it is seemingly a very good filter. Carquest filters made by Champion Lab still??

This one said "Made in U.S.A." And distributed by Carqueat out of Raleigh NC. Sure looks champ labs made though

ooo it's black! Most CQ Red filters are white with red letters. I wonder why that one is different.

Looks to be made by Fram like all other CQ filters are now.

I am not sure but i dont think its a fram with those small oil holes on the center tube.
Maybe a new restrictalater ?? Im glad you used a quality filter to replace that one.

Thank you very very much for the C&P, car51.

I bought a bunch of these filters the last time I was in the US. Paid less than $2 each. I'm fully confident these filters will serve us well in our Murano and Q50.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
ooo it's black! Most CQ Red filters are white with red letters. I wonder why that one is different.

Looks to be made by Fram like all other CQ filters are now.

According to a sales rep I spoke with when I was shopping at CQ in Minneapolis, he says the black ones are part of a Master Pack that is sold to shops and quick lubes.

Originally Posted By: car51
sir1900: you are very welcome. One question: are they black with silver lettering?

Yep, they are exactly the same ones as the one you cut open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back