First oil change for 2015 Civic SI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dgunay
Originally Posted By: stranger706
0w20 for the SI huh?

We're gonna need to see some pics of the car for an accurate oil recommendation.
cool.gif

Honda recommends 0w20 for the 9th gen Si. There's no vtec on the exhaust cam, exhaust manifold is integrated with the cylinder head and revs 7200 rpm.

Yup! No real vtec!

Originally Posted By: KeithTheSneak
0w20 for the SI huh?

We're gonna need to see some pics of the car for an accurate oil recommendation.
cool.gif

Here you go

Very nice! White always looks good on the souped up versions of cars. Not sure why.

I have a black ST (I wanted black) and a month after buying it saw a white ST and was like
shocked.gif

I think because my wife has a white Sienna I subconsciously avoided white cars.

Originally Posted By: KeithTheSneak
0w20 for the SI huh?

cool.gif

Here you go

Very nice! White always looks good on the souped up versions of cars. Not sure why.

I have a black ST (I wanted black) and a month after buying it saw a white ST and was like
shocked.gif

I think because my wife has a white Sienna I subconsciously avoided white cars.

If I wasn't such a Honda fanboy I probably would have went with the ST. I love black but maintaining it is an absolute nightmare!

0w20 for the SI huh?

cool.gif

Looks just all the other 100k+ Civic Si's around.

K20's love to burn oil (RSX-Type S driver), they are known for it, get ready for that, unless Honda did something different with the newer K24 series, which I doubt.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Don't take a new car to the track unless you can afford to write it off. And if you ignore this advice and decide to bang the redline for laps on end, use something heavier than a 0W-20.....and try to brake early, don't be a hero.

A few specialty insurers like Lockton write track day policies. Before I retired the Club Sport from track duty I insured it for three day events for $10,000 with a $1,500 deductible for an extremely reasonable $77. I don't know if my being an instructor(with no claims) reduces the premium or not.

My 2004 S2000 did consume 1/2 quarts the first 4-5k miles, after that it didn't use any measurable amount of oil in 5k OCI.

I didn't track my S2000 but it did see 8k RPM several times each trip.

Current oil is Pennzoil Platinum 10W30 and mileage is almost 4k, just check the oil level last Sunday and the oil level was full as it was 4-5 months ago.

I've used 0w30, 5w30 and 0w40, tried Mobil-Castrol-Pennzoil. Mine doesn't consume any oil in 6-7k OCI, and I track it occasionally during summer, drive it moderately hard most of the time. I guess mine doesn't like burning oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back