Who makes the Valucraft Auto Zone batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the batteries were pretty much the same except you pay more for a longer warranty...in other words you pay for the replacement anyhow as any battery can basically last atleast the 1st year or 2.

In my lifetime I've had nothing but the best experiences out of AC DELCO batteries but can't get more than 2 years out of an Autozone Duralast Gold. 4 different vehicles, each battery had to be warrantied in 2 years or less.

Originally Posted By: Brasileno
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i dont know but wal mart has one for $48.88

Ewwww! NeverMaxx! Mexico [censored] batteries! NO!

Get a Johnson Controls Inc sourced battery. I can think of a few companies and labels, including Interstate and an Auto Zone competitor, that do not use Exide or a Mexico source for their batteries.

ALL aftermarket Johnson Controls batteries are coming from Mexico. Be it a $50 one from Wal-Mart or a $200 Optima.

Originally Posted By: nthach
Originally Posted By: Brasileno
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i dont know but wal mart has one for $48.88

Ewwww! NeverMaxx! Mexico [censored] batteries! NO!

Get a Johnson Controls Inc sourced battery. I can think of a few companies and labels, including Interstate and an Auto Zone competitor, that do not use Exide or a Mexico source for their batteries.

ALL aftermarket Johnson Controls batteries are coming from Mexico. Be it a $50 one from Wal-Mart or a $200 Optima.

Yep that's what I thought too. Also when Johnson control bought optima they reduced the quality to cut corners.

They reformulated the electrolyte paste and a few other things so the Mexico optimas only last 3 years now not 10+ like they used to.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I always thought the batteries were pretty much the same except you pay more for a longer warranty...in other words you pay for the replacement anyhow as any battery can basically last atleast the 1st year or 2.

They are not the same, If we took four brand new fully charged 880 cranking amp batteries, The East Penn would put out about 980 CA, the Crown about 930, the JCI would put out the rated 880 CA, and the Exide would put out about 780 CA.

And you can read into that whatever you want

Id never buy a battery at Walmart again,idiots behind the counter !
Mine went bad after a year,they wanted to hold it for 2 days testing
mean while my vehicle is down ? GTFO...Costco for the save(interstate)

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

They are not the same, If we took four brand new fully charged 880 cranking amp batteries, The East Penn would put out about 980 CA, the Crown about 930, the JCI would put out the rated 880 CA, and the Exide would put out about 780 CA.

And you can read into that whatever you want

Interesting that the Exide would sell a battery rated less than the label.

If you look at the Group 24F at Walmart the Valuepower is 585 CCA, the Everstart is 600 CCA and the Maxx is 750 CCA. Advertised I wonder what they actually are?

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
See, I think Johnson Controls batteries are junk, too.

I will only use East Penn made (NAPA, DEKA,) Odyssey, or Varta.

I suspect that Johnson Controls makes the Walmart battery to a specific standard. The Johnson control Costco/Kirkland were much better for me. East Penn/ Duracell from Sams appears to be also built to a higher spec. Maybe we should cut some open?

weight might be one place to start comparing

Johnson controls are always close to what they say...East Penn are always higher than what they say

and what brands does east penn make/sell under?

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
Johnson controls are always close to what they say...East Penn are always higher than what they say

and what brands does east penn make/sell under?

The O Reilly and NAPA batteries are East Penn if you want an auto store brand. I personally have had good luck with the Johnson Control made Gold line from Advance Auto.

I can also get the Duracell east Penn batteries at Meijer. I'm not sure how they process the warranty though as they don't have an auto shop there. I'm guessing it would be even easier to tell them the battery is dead and they probably just check the paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back