So I bought Beck/Arnley filter for my Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it didn't have an anti-siphon valve ... but the regular bypass valve.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Guess it didn't have an anti-siphon valve ... but the regular bypass valve.

Whats the difference?

The anti-siphon valve is like a bypass valve with a super low setting that is placed near the bottom of the center tube to prevent the filter from draining out the center tube on some engines. Think of it as an anti-drain back valve in the center tube.

Looks well built. metal end caps and a metal spring. Pleats look nice and even
Any idea what the filtering effiencey is?

^^^ Not even at the seam. Trying to give Purolator a run for widest pleat.

Should be able to see wide pleat syndrome in the suspected area through the center tube holes on the other ones. Has nice big center tube holes, like the Hyundai filters. When no family member is watching, if any give funny looks when an oil filter is mentioned. Even mentioned at all. Or a laugh when "oil filter" is said.

Lol I think purolator has probably corrected their problem, z boy 👦.
Your gonna be lost without your favorite scapegoat.
As far as the wide pleat here, if it doesn't tear,it don't matter. At least there's some kinda quantity to the media construction unlike those paper capped fram medias lol

^^^ Your "I think" and "has probably" pretty much sums it up. Maybe with the new line ... maybe. If that super wide pleat was on a Tearolator then it would have lived up to it's name.

At least the oil holes on the center tube look like the oil will flow well in this filter unlike some other restrictive looking filters.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ Your "I think" and "has probably" pretty much sums it up. Maybe with the new line ... maybe. If that super wide pleat was on a Tearolator then it would have lived up to it's name.

Yeah, time will tell. Brace yourself.

Looks like a cheap Asian filter. No particular reason to buy or to avoid. An OEM filter from the dealer might be a better choice. At least the filter media in the OEM filter looks thicker and stronger.

Doesn't look like too many are so anxious to go with the new line of Purolators just yet. Might take a while, and the fact that Purolator is now nebulous on their efficiency doesn't help them out much.

doesn't look bad for 4 bucks....filter media appears to be synthetic...decent components...I'd use em.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Thanks for the cut and pics !
I like it
thumbsup2.gif

Internals look similar to the Mahle OC330s I use on the Accord of mine.

Mahle has a filter operation in Korea, so it is possible that B-A might have sourced these from them.

http://www.kr.mahle.com/en/mahle-in-korea/mahle-donghyun-filter-systems/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back