STP Oil at Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Autozone here has started putting some STP branded oil on the shelves. Cool looking bottles. I was trying to see if I could find who makes it, but it just says bottled and manufactured by Best Parts INC. I would like to run a VOA or UOA on this stuff but too broke to do just a VOA and gotta run it to do a UOA.

t8u6gx.jpg

2q9c8zd.jpg

21ox1rt.jpg

$23.99 for the HM when J can get MaxLife blend at Wal mart for like $17.74. Or DEFY for $15~ at Wal mart too for that matter

Oil is where AZ tries to make their money. I will likely never buy it because of price. I like the jug design though, a big improvement over the oil AZ house oil.

Yeah, about the same price as M1 at Wal-Mart, or a lot more than Chevron Supreme or TropArctic, for a no-name unknown oil, made by "Best Parts of Memphis, TN" which is Auto Zone, probably a Warren Unilube product, for double the price of Super Tech. How exactly does AZ stay in business-their commercial accounts must be getting 40% discounts!

Wow $24 for some generic oil packaged for Autozone.
I could get Amsoil OE for that price, or any number of name brand full synthetics at Walmart for just $1 more!

Not too bad, but, you can buy Peak motor oil this week for $1.90 a quart at Big Lots. You can also get Wal-Mart SuperTech 5W30 in a 5 quart jug for $9.08 on-line (roll back price) with free in-store pickup.

Last edited:
Not everyone loves to Wally world. I would rather not to have to go to Wally world routinely if I have to. But I do go there at times. Recently I just got the Motorcraft and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum at my Walmart. The Ultra was an accidental shipment to my local store because this store normally does not have the Ultra. I am not against Walmart totally. But I would rather go elsewhere if I can find a way. That doesn't always happen obviously.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I doubt it's the same as it is in Oz....

does it say on the back label who manufacturers that oil for STP?

377197-zoom.jpg

Obviously not, usually in places like Europe, Australia, New Zealand, a brand like this typically will be a higher quality product.

The RoW gets high quality gear oils from Castrol, Valvoline, and
Shell, while here in the USA we only have a few average items to choose from.

That's impressive that the STP on OZ is approved for use with
ACEA specs!

Last edited:
STP has never been a winner in my lifetime since Granatelle. Granatelle was show putting about 5 drops of STP oil treatment into one of his race cars to satisfy the public that he used what he sold. STP is all about PR without substance in my opinion. Ed

Originally Posted By: car51
$23.99 for the HM when J can get MaxLife blend at Wal mart for like $17.74. Or DEFY for $15~ at Wal mart too for that matter
I was talking for Auto Zone prices. $4 a quart isn't THAT bad. If I needed to do an oil change and didn't want to deal with Walmart I'd go to AutoZone for oil this price. An extra $1 a quart over Walmart isn't too bad.

Actually Im kind of glad to see another brand. It gets boring seeing people post threads about the same oils over and overrrrr again.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I was talking for Auto Zone prices. $4 a quart isn't THAT bad. If I needed to do an oil change and didn't want to deal with Walmart I'd go to AutoZone for oil this price. An extra $1 a quart over Walmart isn't too bad.

Pffff. $7 plus tax over QS Defy is bad. For $3.99 I would just buy NAPA syn on sale or go to the .99 cents only store and buy either 76 synblend or Kendall syn for $2.99 depending on what is in stock.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Deal with Walmart? I'm usually ready to choke someone or ring myself up I have to wait so long at AZ most of the time. Give me Walmart and self checkout + the exercise of parking way away from other cars then walking all the way to back to the automotive section and back.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Oil is where AZ tries to make their money. I will likely never buy it because of price. I like the jug design though, a big improvement over the oil AZ house oil.

Same for Advance, O'Reileys, Pep Boys, NAPA overpriced even when on sale when compared to Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back