Fram Application Look-Up site NO LONGER!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram upgraded their website, and now we no longer have the good ol' Fram Application Look-Up site to cross reference anymore!

Click to reveal..

It redirects straight to fram.com (newly redesigned).

crazy.gif

~ Triton

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Isn't this the same thing?

http://fram.com/search-parts/

Lmao, well "yes" but, heck no. It's HORRIBLY designed and not user friendly. Trust me, I'm a Computer Science major.

---

As I and everyone else have stated, the BETTER, old version of the site, is down:

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
yea.. Framcatalog.com doesn't work anymore...it redirects.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Yup, site went down yesterday.

http://www.framcatalog.com/Application.aspx?b=F

---

Example:

http://fram.com/Search-Parts/Part-Detail?PN=PH8A

The old site listed the cross references in a much larger and easier to read field. The new site is a pain the neck and looks atrocious.

~ Triton

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Isn't this the same thing?

http://fram.com/search-parts/

That's the one I've always used for cross referencing different filter brands.

Yes but did you go to the site now and see the change in design?

The old site's application guide for cross ref-ing filters had a much larger box for the application and x-ref fields, and it was just quite frankly easier on the eyes.

The new site has tiny fields and the color scheme (and layout in general) is absurdly disgusting.

One could argue "well it is still functional for all intents and purposes" - and that is true, but it is besides the point.

Just look at how small they are:

b06c51c2cd.jpg

The old site's formatting and style scheme was much more user friendly, and didn't look like garbage. And the application and cross ref sections were much larger.

This re-design is utterly loathsome.

~ Triton

Works for me.

I like how it lists all Fram products for my car. And it lists a good amount of specs on each filter, all in the same format. The competitor cross reference seems to be pretty extensive, although not complete. I noticed for my Outback that NAPA filters are not listed. And the Wix that it shows for my car is not the correct one.

I'm not crazy over the over the dark colors, but I would guess that is intended more for the younger folks. But it has the same look and feel as many other online lookup catalogs.

I don't understand all the trash talking. But then I'm just a consumer, not an IT dude.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
I don't understand all the trash talking. But then I'm just a consumer, not an IT dude.

Okay so I get your point and others', too...

But as you said, you are not an IT guy; I am.

As a Computer Science major who understands what makes web sites user friendly and appealing...

Fram's redesigned website gets a solid C- from me. And that's me in a good mood. If I weren't in a content mood, I'd give it a D+ grade.

This has nothing to do with me "not liking change" - in fact, I think it is great Fram wanted to redesign their website. But they took the wrong route and it wound up having only the "cool" appeal of the dark background and white text. That itself is no issue. The issue is the size of the fields...

And really just the structure of the site in general.

---

But I guess I'm just being anal and nit-picky because of my comp-sci background. *shrugs*

~ Triton

The new website looks unfinished. Looks like the old URL wasnt being renewed and FRAM failed to full feature the new website in time. They got the basic info on there, I'm sure the user appealing features will soon follow.

I liked the old one as well. The new one doesn't give me ANY results often when trying to x-ref something. Annoying. I understand updating the look, but why mess with the functionality???

Originally Posted By: Triton_330

But as you said, you are not an IT guy; I am.

As a Computer Science major who understands what makes web sites user friendly and appealing...

Computer Science Majors are not designers. Unless your major is in UI design.

And I've seen what passes for "good design" these days and the majority of it is garbage.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Computer Science Majors are not designers. Unless your major is in UI design.

And I've seen what passes for "good design" these days and the majority of it is garbage.

Really?

So then I guess coding/programming GUIs with Java and C++ aren't considered graphical design to you? Mmkay.

Albeit my focus is not directly in web design, I am fully qualified to judge a website's GUI.

48.gif

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Site is up and running again!

Sweet !! - it's working for me as well
banana2.gif

Oh it is!!! I just now checked and came back to say it, but y'all beat me to it!
wink.gif

http://www.framcatalog.com/Competitor.aspx?b=F&pn=FL1A&em=True

Originally Posted By: Run
Its back... for how long?

Now that is the question...

~ Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back