pulling a trailer through the drive thru?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ever see anyone do it, but if it's big enough and the drive thru doesn't have that curb that keeps you from pulling out. why not? I went through the mcdonalds drive thru with the trailer yesterday cause their wasn't anywhere to park.

I've done it with a small trailer behind my Tracker. Its only 52" wide and maybe 10-11' long including the tongue. With a reasonable curb I sometimes parked backing in and just popped the trailer up on to the grass.

I guess it depends on the trailer and the design of the drive-through. I tried it once at a Taco Bell in Columbus, IN, and there was not enough room to keep the truck or the trailer off the curbs. I park across the street and walk to the restaurant or store.

Doesn't bother me except for one time.
Mrs. Tdbo and myself were going through a McDonalds drive thru in NW Indiana, on the way back from a trip to Chicago.
Some guy was in line ahead of us in a truck towing a horse trailer with horses in it.
While in line, horse lifts tail and launches a major league dump, almost hitting the hood of the car.
Talk about an unplanned reason for portion control.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Mrs. Tdbo and myself were going through a McDonalds drive thru in NW Indiana, on the way back from a trip to Chicago.
Some guy was in line ahead of us in a truck towing a horse trailer with horses in it.
While in line, horse lifts tail and launches a major league dump, almost hitting the hood of the car.

lol

This has been crossing my mind. The Sam's club by me has a pretty good gas station and I have pulled the popup through it without issue.

I'm a bit concerned about the local Berkley and Jensen to which I have a membership

Here ... enter from the bottom. Note the island. Each of the lanes are also 1 wide. Very narrow. Not sure if I could swing all of the spots. We shall see in the summer!

However, I store the popup a few blocks away so I could just gas up before hand. Other than that , I am not a drive-through person.

Edit - if you go EAST from the picture, you will see the elevated rows of Tacomas at the Toyota dealership. Please note - the dealer parks them in neutral with the parking brake on. Don't push the lever back in to the dash ... it will start to roll towards Berkeley and Jensen.

I pull my trailer through the drive thru all the time.

71gvw3.jpg

Yes, depends on the drive-thru design. I'm sure plenty of professional grass cutters go through drive-thru's without a problem.

Around here they are typically tight, so its simpler to just not be lazy park and walk in.

With a number especially in any sort of urban area simply getting a pickup threw is an accomplishment.

Last edited:
The drive thru's here are so small I often cant get my truck through with out running over a curb. A trailer would get you hung up and unable to back out as there would be cars lined up behind you.

I would think the dinger would go off again when the trailer drives past the drive thru. oh well I'm sure most have cameras now.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo

Yeah, they should ban pigs, too.

Except for the ones already eating inside, of course.
;^)

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I would think the dinger would go off again when the trailer drives past the drive thru. oh well I'm sure most have cameras now.
That happened to me one time at McDonalds. I pulled up one car length after ordering and they asked my trailer for it's order Lol.

I'm glad I found this thread again. I pulled the trailer through a couple days ago and I'm pretty sure this lady got mad at me. I really don't see the issue. The trailer leaves the same time I do. I think it's better than taking up 10 parking spots. The drive thru gets priority, if you go inside you will be there a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by madRiver
I recall you complaining about weigh gain issues a week or so and now returning to tout your drive thru visits.

STOP right there sir. What makes you think I'm complaining. All I did was ask who takes a trailer through a drive through. Not everything I say is a complaint. Also I was never complaining about gaining weight. I weigh 110 pounds, and people have always called me little, so how am I gong to complain about gaining 15 pounds?

Originally Posted by Tdbo

I saw a person get out of their car in a McDonalds drive-thru, and do the same thing. I lost my appetite for McDonalds, or anything else, for awhile after that. My witnessed illegal dumping, also was in Indiana...

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Regardless of how small you are if it's too wide or tall
Hilarity may bring the roof down at the drive through

Did you take those photos with a potato?

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Regardless of how small you are if it's too wide or tall
Hilarity may bring the roof down at the drive through

Did you take those photos with a potato?

At least I didn't catch illegal dumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back