Carquest #R85334 FRAM MADE, 6,500MILES CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to popular beliefs; this Carquest RED filter #R85334 IS a FRAM made filter as WIX uses a spring. Was on a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe with QSGB 5w30 for 6,500~ MILES. QSGB 5w30 and tough guard went in and on.

qmxtux.jpg

23hp1qc.jpg

2eeig7b.jpg

2dub69g.jpg

4ihq9i.jpg

357g4tl.jpg

2aizcz.jpg

awyo3k.jpg

2mov12h.jpg

24gn1nm.jpg

2rhr0ja.jpg

901Memphis: check out the #84060 I posted from September 2015 sir. I didn't miss your post, so Thank You for the link and your contribution sir
10.gif
11.gif

Brybo86: if you look back to September 2015, I cut a #carquest 84060 off our "parts/scrap van" that had one of these Carquest "RED" filters on it. Looks ok to me

You can also tell it's a Fram because of the date code format, and also because it doesn;t say Affinia on the can (all Wix-made filters had the Affinia name and triangle logo on the can, even the cheap Jobber filters and provate labels)

A52191

A - Greenville, OH
5 - 2015
219 - 219th day of the year (August 7)
1 - first shift

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
A non ultra metal end cap Fram?

Yes that's what it is, and they are on the heavy side.

My local Advance Auto has these on the shelves now at $3.69. My local still does not have any CarQuest blue.

The CQ Blue filter has a coil spring. I wish I had taken pictures of it. Very "stout".

Originally Posted By: Fordai
The CQ Blue filter has a coil spring. I wish I had taken pictures of it. Very "stout".

That's probably an old stock Wix filter, champion labs took over sometime in 2015 and the blues if new stock should be leaf spring

Is the Carquest blue just going to be exclusive to CarQuest? My local Advance has had red cans for a long time now, and still no blue cans.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Fordai

That's probably an old stock Wix filter, champion labs took over sometime in 2015 and the blues if new stock should be leaf spring

No, it was not a Wix. It had the signature Fram baseplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back