Renewable Lube (RLI) ATF and gear oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
It's been awhile since posted on this site, my question is has anyone used the RLI ATF or gear oil? I tried to search on this site also google and have found very little. I have used their 5w-40 motor oil in the past, it seems to get some rave reviews here.

Thanks

I have used their ATF in both a Honda Accord and my wife's Highlander with zero issues.

I have no experience with their gear oil but I would not hesitate to use it.

There are a lot of new members who probably don't know what RLI is. I guess that could, by default, mean that RLI has fallen out of favor here on this site.

After a strong recommendation from Dyson, I considered using their products, but found them to be prohibitively expensive. With products like Amsoil and Redline easily obtainable, it's very hard to justify using RLI.

I'm sorry for not answering your question, but I'm afraid that you won't really get anything concrete here. IMO, "zero issues" isn't a very good reason for spending so much money on a lube.

Your probably right it is expensive, I will most likely stay with Amsoil, tried and true also fairly cost effective. I just wanted to post the question about RLI to see if anyone uses their lubes, I was just curious. Thanks for the feedback
thumbsup2.gif

RLI is a good company.

They use a lot of bio-synthetic base oils and special additives, which is why their products are a bit more expensive.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
RLI is a good company.

They use a lot of bio-synthetic base oils and special additives, which is why their products are a bit more expensive.

Both of those reasons made it very tempting to try their products. Unfortunately, I've gotten away from sending out samples of every drain, which would be required to realize any benefit over the long-term; that, or the need would have to arise from a special application that required a special kind of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back