2014 Honda Odyssey FF - 5161 mi High Cu, Fe, Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
This is the factory fill for our Odyssey. We bought it new this summer as a left over from 2014, so the vehicle obviously sat for a long time with some sporadic starts. As it is the high Moly factory fill, Im not too worried, but it is interesting to see high Fe, Cu and Si, as well as a bunch of other stuff in the oil.

The vehicle gets used on road trips, but is my wife's daily driver, and so get used in commuting of just a few miles a day.

It was replaced with M1 0w-20 EP and a Fram Ultra filter.

First_UOA_Odyssey_2015_zpsm3vez7gx.jpg

Thanks for posting. Where did you order the analysis kit from? I've never seen a Wix kit analysis done by Polaris before.

Nice looking factory fill. As others stated the Si from assembly lube/fresh gaskets and the other numbers look typical for factory fills You may see another wash out or two on the next OCIs before getting to Universal Averages for this engine after that.

What was the % on the maintenance minder? We got a 2015 Odyssey back at the end of June, I changed out the factory fill in October at 50%, 4,130 miles. Used Motorcraft 5W20 and a Fram TG filter. The minder is now at 5% with about 7,400 miles and will be getting the "free" change at the dealer tomorrow. I was not comfortable leaving the factory fill in that long. And to think they don't even specify to change the filter at the initial change! I'm no luddite but I'm not totally convinced yet.

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back