RMI-25 Cooling System Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this statement on their web page:

If you don't need antifreeze, you could just use water and RMI-25. And if you love remote travel your cooling system provides an additional source of emergency drinking water.

I tried a bottle of this in my old F150 in hopes that it would degunk the overflow bottle but it didn't seem to have any impact.

I eventually figured out a good way to flush the engine with fresh water while the thermostat was out, and then I used some cascade dishwasher soap to clean out the overflow bottle. Coolant kept its "fresh" color after that and the heater blew hot hot hot.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I love this statement on their web page:

If you don't need antifreeze, you could just use water and RMI-25. And if you love remote travel your cooling system provides an additional source of emergency drinking water.

Yeah I saw that. But, "Can't guarantee that it tastes nice" - unlike the energy drink they also sell on their website.

Any place that sells a coolant additive, oil additives, a fuel additive, a rust conqueror (called XTROLL), an energy drink AND a book titled "Discover the Secrets of...Adding Amazingly Long Life to YOUR Vehicles & Equipment" must have something to offer.

Plus what other site has the endorsement of a "Well loved and respected bush mechanic, “Roothy”?

Quote:
This stuff is the greatest. It has to be the slipperiest thing this side of a banana peel on a boat ramp. Bugger me! Old Milo (Landcruiser Troopcarrier) is shifting gears a lot sweeter since that injection of AW 10. I felt the slicker change almost immediately. But the ultimate test was chucking a cap full in the two-stroke fuel in Mungo's ancient 25HP Mercury outboard. The bloody thing ran smoother and rattled less almost straight away.

Roothy%20beside%20Milo.jpg

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I tried a bottle of this in my old F150 in hopes that it would degunk the overflow bottle but it didn't seem to have any impact.

I eventually figured out a good way to flush the engine with fresh water while the thermostat was out, and then I used some cascade dishwasher soap to clean out the overflow bottle. Coolant kept its "fresh" color after that and the heater blew hot hot hot.

I did the same thing in my CVPI about a year ago and put RMI-25 in. It didn't seem to do anything to the collected gunk at the bottom of the degas bottle.
I just replaced it with the one from my 2004 last week so that issue has been rectified, at least.

What a bad product reseller.

Get it from the source
www.rmi25.com

What's the flow rate of the degas bottle? And is the area with crud a settling area which won't be cleaned?

I've used RMI and it did a great job cleaning the radiator and making the heat work. Haven't needed it since moving away from silicate coolants.

I was always under the impression that this stuff was one of the (very few)'accepted' coolant additives on here, and NOT one which was reflexively labelled "snake oil", like almost all of the others, no??
confused2.gif

Looks a lot like Napa Cool or Napa Kool, the bottles look very similar.

Been tempted to try this stuff in a car, what exactly is it supposed to do again?

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
This forum is filled with useless testimonials. It doesn't mean that a product does or doesn't work.

No, but it certainly speaks to the integrity of the seller. If they think I'm dumb enough to be influenced by meaningless testimonials, then what else do they think I will believe? Reputable companies don't use testimonials.

Originally Posted By: toyota62
I haven't use this coolant additive yet but their engine flush is excellent.

Was it slipperiest thing this side of a banana peel on a boat ramp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back