[Cut Open] Puro L14610 - Virgin (RED, Slotted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L14610slotsRED1.jpg

L14610slotsRED2.jpg

L14610slotsRED3.jpg

L14610slotsRED4.jpg

L14610slotsRED5.jpg

L14610slotsRED6.jpg

USA.

Doesn't look significantly different than the white one I did a week or two back to me, less rusty perhaps.

This one has a MUCH, MUCH better pleat spacing than the first one cut here in BITOG. In fact, this is probably as good as it gets from Puro i'd say. Lots of premium filters out there have similar spacing except for some. (Even Ultras has worse spacing but its wire backed so it doesnt really matters.)
Definitely better but not necessarily means all of them are like this. Maybe its within the margin of production variable so some can have a slightly better spacing while others a slightly worse or maybe they made adjustments to the production.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Noobie
This one has a MUCH, MUCH better pleat spacing than the first one cut here in BITOG. ...

You mean the Red L12222?

These two filters are not the same size, so I will try to get a side by side picture in the next few days.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: Noobie
This one has a MUCH, MUCH better pleat spacing than the first one cut here in BITOG. ...

You mean the Red L12222?

These two filters are not the same size, so I will try to get a side by side picture in the next few days.

Yeah that one. Didnt notice that you also cut the first one.
I also thought it could probably be due to the model but i definitely notice this one has better pleat spacing at the seam.

This is a Purolator made Bosch I cut open a frew months ago. This one had the defective adbv. Looks a little wavier than the new one. This filter is the bottom Bosch WS workshop filter.

DSCN1029_zpsmfyibcth.jpg
DSCN1027_zpscmvxccv1.jpg

They need to eliminate the huge gaps or change the media composition otherwise they are still just gonna rip above the glue line.

Time will tell what they have actually done, if anything other than names and paint.

Originally Posted By: Wampahoofus
Does it mention country of origin anywhere?

The BOSS I just bought said "Made in USA" on the sticker on the canister. This one just says "Oil Filter". So I'm guessing that it's somewhere other than the US.

Other filter makers don't have those large pleat spacings at the seam. What is the problem with the equipment Purolator uses that causes the wide spacing at the seam?

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Other filter makers don't have those large pleat spacings at the seam. What is the problem with the equipment Purolator uses that causes the wide spacing at the seam?

Not enough pleats, which in turn yields less media, and cuts their production costs. As long as the media is high quality, then I don't think the spacing would be a problem. I have seen some Fram orange cans that look bad with wide pleat spacing and abused, but, yet, they did not tear. I think it all boils down to the media that Purolator was using, and whether or not they have changed to a different media/better quality.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Overall, it actually don't look that bad. I think I would use it.
thumbsup2.gif

Agreed, i would have no problems using it

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch

The BOSS I just bought said "Made in USA" on the sticker on the canister. This one just says "Oil Filter". So I'm guessing that it's somewhere other than the US.

As I already stated it is USA. Says it in the same place as the other new red one I cut open, its just not in this series of pictures.

As I already stated it is USA. Says it in the same place as the other new red one I cut open, its just not in this series of pictures.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back